26

Asher's POV

When Annie came back from hanging out with Riley, I told her the good news. She was so happy for me. We got into my bed, cuddled and watched tv for a bit. I decided I should go to bed after a little while, so I would be all rested for the meeting tomorrow.

I woke up the next morning at 9. I had gotten a good nights sleep and was ready for the day. At about 9:30, I was all ready and went down to the cafeteria to meet Annie, Nadia and Darius. When I got there, I sat down.

"Tell them before I do!" Annie squealed.

"Tell us what!!" Nadia and Darius said at the same time.

"Well... L.A. Records called me yesterday and....they want to sign me!!" I told them.

"Oh yay!!! That's great Asher!" Nadia said hugging me.

"Yeah, that's great bro. Congrats!" Darius said.

"I have a meeting with them later today." I said.

"Oh cool. Let us know how it goes!" Nadia said.

"Will do." I said.

When we finished our breakfast, we went to the lounge that is on the same floor as the cafeteria. We hung out there until I had to go to my meeting.

I got to L.A. Records a half hour early so there was no way I'd be late. My mom, dad and I were greeted by a girl and two guys.

"You must be Asher, I'm Neil." The guy with the facial hair said as he put his hand out for me I shake.

"Yes, I am. Nice to meet you." I said returning the handshake.

"I'm Avery." The brunette said extending her arm out so I could shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you." I said returning her handshake.

"And I'm Mason." The guy with the baseball cap said.

"Nice to meet you Mason." I said shaking his hand. "This is my mom and dad." I told them.

They exchanged introductions and we all sat down at a large table. They talked about how things run here, who they have signed, Why we should sign with them, why they want me to sign, contracts, deals, money, studio time and more. We brought a lawyer with us to look over the contract. He looked over the contract and told us that it's a very good one and that we should sign it. So that's what we did, we all signed it.

"Do you have any songs that you have been working on?" Neil asked.

"Yes, I do actually." I said and pulled out my notebook. I set it on the table and opened to the page of the song for Annie.

"That's really good Asher!" Neil said.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Normally when people show us their songs, we have to change a few things but I don't think yours needs to be changed. It's so good." He said.

"Thanks." I said with a huge smile.

"What were you thinking of calling it?" Neil asked me.

"I was thinking Chemistry." I told him.

"Yeah! That really good! Okay, Chemistry it is. So, is it about a girl?" Neil said.

"Yeah, actually it is. It's about a very special girl in my life." I told them.

"When do we get to meet her?" Mason asked.

"Soon but she doesn't know about the song yet. I want it to be a surprise for when it comes out." I told them.

"Ooo romantic." Mason said teasing me.

When it was time to leave, my parents went to get the car and Neil and Mason left because they had another meeting. It was just Avery and I sitting on the couch.

"So...tell me about yourself." She said.

"Well...I like to sing, I've been singing since I was 7, I'm 16, my favourite colour is blue and my favourite sports are basketball and football." I told her.

"Cool. I hope you don't mind me asking...why are you in a wheelchair?" She asked.

"I was in a car accident with my friends a few months ago. My fractures were pretty bad and took longer to heal then normal. I start physical therapy tomorrow, to be able to walk and throw a ball again." I told her.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Avery said touching my hand.

"It's okay. Now tell me about yourself." I said.

"Well...I'm 17, I like to sing, I've been singing since I was 3, I got signed here when I was 14, my favourite colour is red, I'm originally from Florida, I have a 20 year old brother, a 15 year old sister, and 13 year old sister." She told me.

"What are your siblings names?" I asked.

"My brother's name is Zach, my 15 year old sister's name is Lili and my 13 year old sister's name is Marlee." Avery said.

"Cool. I have a 13 year old brother named Avi and an 11 year old sister named London." I told her.

"Unique names, I like them!" She said.

"Thanks. Well, I better get going. Nice to meet you." I said.

"Bye. Nice to meet you too." Avery said.

I wheeled myself out of L.A. Records and my mom helped me into the car.

When we got back to the hospital, I saw Annie and some guy I've never seen before laughing and joking around in her room.

__________________________________
Cliffhanger🙈🤣💙