29

Asher's POV

*2 weeks later*

It's been two weeks since my first day of physical therapy. I haven't made any progress since the first day. I fall all the time, even with the bars and I tried throwing a ball but I can't. I've been grumpy, moody and shutting people out. Annie and I got into a big fight last week and we still haven't made up. Every now and then I see her look into my room with a sad face, feeling sorry for me. I think she even sent Johnny to try to cheer me up but I just pushed him away too. I never wanted to become this person. One of my biggest fears I had when I woke up in here from the coma, was becoming the guy who gets injured badly in an accident.  Then get angry and shuts everyone that he loves out when he's not getting better.

"Asher?" Annie's said softly as she walked slowly into my room. I didn't answer. "Please Asher. Talk to me." She said.

"Why are you here?" I asked her on the verge of tears.

"What do you mean?" She asked me confused and she sat on the edge of my bed.

"I've been nothing but sad, grumpy and rude to you and everyone else. Why would you want to be around me." I asked her as I started crying.

"Oh Asher. I love you, okay? And I'm not going to give up on you when you're going through a hard time." Annie said as she pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Annie, I'm so so sorry. You've been so good to me and I've treated you so terribly." I said crying a little harder.

"It's okay, it's okay. I know you Asher and I know that you'd never treat anyone like that unless you were really hurting. You're going through a lot and it's a lot to take in. Don't stress about physical therapy, you'll get it eventually." She said calming me down a bit.

"I don't deserve you Juliana Grace LeBlanc." I told her.

"Yes, you do! It's me that doesn't deserve you." She said softly.

"Yes, you do Annie! You deserve the world!" I told her and she blushed.

"I love you Asher Dov Angel!" Annie said.

"I love you more!" I said and smashed my lips against hers. We shared a passionate kiss for a few minutes until I pulled away and said, "I better apologize to everyone I shut out."

"Yeah, you should. And I think you should start with Johnny. He came in a few times after the second time you sent him away, he wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing." She told me.

"But I'm guessing he didn't actually want to see me." I said frowning.

"No, he did want to see you but he didn't want to upset you and he wanted to give you some space." She said and my face lit up a bit.

"Really? I thought he didn't want to be friends anymore." I said.

"Of course he does, he's your best friend. He's not just going to leave you like that. Johnny just wanted to give you some space, so that you wouldn't get mad at him again." She said with a smile and I smiled back. "Here I'll call him for you." Annie called Johnny and said he'd be there soon.

10 minutes later, Johnny walked into my room.

"I'll let you two talk." Annie said getting up and walking out the door.

"Hey." Johnny said.

"Hey. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that and I shouldn't have pushed you away. I was hurt and I know that's no excuse to treat everyone like I did. I'm really sorry." I told him.

"It's okay Asher. I understand you were just hurting and I know you didn't mean what you said because that didn't sound like you." He said.

"Thank you for forgiving me. I thought you didn't want to be friends with me anymore but Annie said you came by a lot to see how I was doing." I said.

"Of course, I still want to be your friend. You're my best friend and nothing will change that. I just wanted to give you some space so you wouldn't get even more mad at me. I also wanted you to get better and I thought I was stopping you from doing that." He said.

"You're not stopping me from getting better! It took me awhile to figure it out but I think that me shutting everyone out just hurt me more." I told him.

"Yeah, well I'm glad that I have my best friend back." He said.

"Me too." I said with a smile.

"So, have you said another meeting with L.A. Records since last time?" Johnny asked.

"Not yet because of scheduling but we have had a few phone calls." I told him.

"That's good." He replied.

"So, what's up with you? How are you and Kenzie?" I asked him.

"Things are good. Kenzie and I are amazing!" He said smiling.

"That's good. I'm happy that you're happy." I told him.

"So, did things between you and Annie get better?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah, they did." I replied.

"That's good. Well, I better get going now, I have a date with Kenzie." He explained.

"Okay bye, have fun!" I told him as he walked out.

Annie came back into my room and said, "Who's next?"

"Riley and Indi." I said and she called them.

"Okay, they will be here soon." Annie told me.

"Okay, thank you." I said.

Ten minutes later Riley and Indi arrived.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Hey." They both said.

"I'm going to wait in the hall for now." Riley said.

"Okay." I said.

"Indi, I'm so sorry for being rude to you and pushing you away. It was really rude of me to do that just because I was hurting and I know all you wanted to do was make me feel better and be there for me. I'm sorry for being so terrible to you these past few weeks." I said.

"I forgive you Asher. I know you were just hurting and that you'd never hurt my feeling like that intentionally." She said with a soft smile.

"Thank you for forgiving me. So, how have you been. How's the baby?" I asked her.

"I've been good. The baby is doing well, I think but I'm throwing up a lot." She said giggling.

"That's good. So, how are you and Matt?" I asked.

"Things are good! We are stronger than ever!" Indi said with a big smile on her face.

"See, I told you that you guys would be fine." I said and she laughed a little.

Indi turned her head towards Annie's room and said, "Wait is that Hayden!!??"

Then Riley came running in my room and said, "Asher! Come quick, Annie is in trouble!"

_________________________________
Thank you for 16k reads!🥳❤️

{1163 words}