03| cappucino

C H A P T E R  3

THIS WAS A dream come true for teenage Camila

THIS WAS A dream come true for teenage Camila. But after seeing the horrors of the war and being on different sides changed her perspective. She could see that he had matured and wanted to give him a second chance. A part of her was also holding back. He was a death eater, been a part of the people who'd killed innocent people.

Camila spent the whole night tossing and turning. She didn't know if she could be just friends when most of her teen years were spent dreaming of ways they could be together. As she saw the sun rise, she knew sleep was a lost cause.

She left her flat after taking a quick shower and went downstairs to the cafe. She marvelled at the wonders of having her flat right above her cafe. She quickly made herself coffee and sat and enjoyed the quiet Sunday morning.

Her peace of mind was quickly shattered as she heard insistent knocking at the cafe's door. She huffed and went to see who it was. "Some people just don't know how to read signs." she thought to herself.

She was mildly surprised to see Draco standing outside with a toddler in his arms. She opened the door and let them in.

"I know you don't open the cafe today but I need to babysit Teddy and I need your help," Draco asked her, giving her his best puppy eyes.

Camila didn't have any other plans so she agreed to help him. Camila suggested that they should go out and eat breakfast as she'd ran out of groceries. They were about to leave when the fireplace was ablaze.

Harry stumbles out, looking disoriented. "What the hell have you done to my godson?" He bellowed. Camila jumped back in shock whereas Draco just looked bored.

"Andromeda gave him to me so you can piss off now," Draco said.

"I don't think you are capable of taking care of little Teddy," Harry replied angrily. Both Camila and Teddy were turning their heads side to side like in a tennis match.

"Well then let's see who teddy wants to really be with, shall we?" Draco asked asked with an arrogant smirk. Draco places Teddy on a table of a booth. Draco stood on one side, Harry on the other side. Camila stood in between.

Both Draco and Harry tried to call Teddy to their side. Teddy had no plans on doing what they wanted him to do. He started crawling towards Camila, leaving Draco and Harry with their jaws wide open.

Camila carried Teddy and stood with a proud smile on her face. Draco and Harry just seemed defeated.

"I'm starving. Can we please go for breakfast?" Camila asked.

"Well if you're going with her I'm fine with you having Teddy," Harry said and didn't wait for a reply. As soon as Harry flooed himself somewhere, Draco and Camila left with Teddy.