19| café au lait

C H A P T E R  1 9

AS CAMILA PULLED away from Draco, she saw the smoke rising up behind him

AS CAMILA PULLED away from Draco, she saw the smoke rising up behind him. "Oh my god! My kitchen is on fire," Camila said, starting to hyperventilate.

"Technically, it's just your oven," Ron added in a matter of fact way.

"Bloody hell Ron, you don't have to point that out." Hermione admonished him, whacking the back of his head.

Camila jumped off the table, rushing towards the oven. She opened the door, smoke rushing out of it. She froze up, not knowing what to do. Draco rushes towards her, pulling her away from the smoke.

Hermione moved forward, waved her wand until the oven was brand new. She wore oven gloves, taking out the now burnt cake outside.

By then Camila had calmed down. She took the cake and threw it into the trash can. Everybody started relaxing but flinched when Harry burst out laughing.

"You're a barista and owner of this cafe," He wheezed out between his laughter, "But you can't bloody bake a cake."

Camila pouted at him, not having any response. "Oi! We were busy doing stuff," Draco reasoned for her.

"Never knew snogging had a new name. Busy doing stuff," Harry replied, continuing to laugh. Ginny and Luna entered the cafe, not looking the slightest bit disturbed by the sight in front of them.

"Did you save the day again, babe?" Ginny asked Harry sarcastically.

"You know I can't help but come and try to help," Harry tried reasoning.

"Well, sweetheart, my day is almost ruined by you running to save the day," Ginny scolded him like scolding a little child.

"I'm sorry but you know Camila's my friend and I have to help her," he said softly.

"Well, for all we know Malfoy could have pissed her off and she could be burning him alive," Ginny replies nonchalantly.

"I'm right here you know," Draco protested. Right at that moment, Camila said, "If I were burning him alive I wouldn't do it in my cafe where it would be obvious."

"Aw how cute. Both of you have such opposite thoughts," Luna said in her dreamy voice, confusing Draco and Camila on whether it was a compliment or an insult.

"That was a compliment." Hermione cut in before both of them could ask. Harry and Ginny who had been arguing behind them finally came towards the rest of them. Ginny was storming towards them, with Harry coming behind her pouting like a baby.

"I'm really sorry, Camila but we have to go right now," Ginny said. The rest mumbled something along the same lines and shuffled towards the door. Once they left, Draco turned towards her and said, " I really don't know how you're a barista and don't know how to bake a cake."