20| frappuccino

C H A P T E R  2 0

CAMILA STARED AT him

CAMILA STARED AT him. She knew he was just joking but it felt like everything was crashing down. The emptiness crashed down in waves, her eyes starting to water. She tried to hold back her choked sobs.

Draco only then noticed the silent tears rolling down her face. "I didn't mean to upset you, Mila." he said softly and held her close to him. He ran his fingers through her hair, humming a tune in her ear and was wracking his brain to think of ways to calm her down.

"It's not that," Camila started saying, little hiccups escaping her mouth. "I don't know how to explain it. I feel like there are these waves of sadness that crashes in my head," she said her hands visibly trembling.

"Was this because of the war?" Draco asked while guiding her to the cafe so they could sit down.

"They started after I saw him murdered. It started with nightmares and now it's this sadness," Camila whispered, feeling drained of energy.

Draco wrapped his arm around her shoulder, making her head rest on his shoulder. "We can get through this baby," he said, more towards the both of them rather than just her. He seemed just as exhausted as her, the dark circles prominent on his pale eyes.

At that moment, more than just two nineteen year olds chilling together, they were two survivors who went through hell and came back. Camila was silent for a while before she asked, "but what if we can't get through this?"