16| caramel mocha

C H A P T E R  1 6

WHEN DRACO ENTERED the café at 7 o' clock sharp, Camila was a nervous wreck

WHEN DRACO ENTERED the café at 7 o' clock sharp, Camila was a nervous wreck. She wore a casual dress but wasn't sure whether it was alright. "Is this a date?" She asked him, feeling unsure.

"No. I asked you to be ready so we could hang out like friends do on Valentine's Day," Draco answered sarcastically. Draco ushered her outside. She locked the door and turned towards him expectantly. He took her hand in his and apparated.

Once the dizziness went away, Camila opened her eyes. The sight before her took her breath away. They were standing in the middle of a beautiful garden, fairy lights strung over the plants and trees. There was a blanket laid out with a basket on it.

" I wasn't sure about what you would have wanted to do ," Draco said, unsure of himself. "But I thought you might like this," he added. Camila smiled up at him, thinking about how cut he looked. He sat down on the blanket, Camila following him.

He opened the basket, taking out sandwiches. He gave one to her and started eating his.
He watched her with wide eyes, wanting to know her reaction. Not able to contain himself anymore, he asked "Do you like the sandwiches? I made them myself."

"It's so damn good," Camila said with a grin. They both ate in silence after that. Once they were done, Draco laid down, gazing up at the sky. Camila laid down beside him, doing the same.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Camila marveled at the sky.

"Well I know something that's more beautiful," Draco said. Camila urged him to finish what he started saying with her eyes. "I think the most beautiful person on earth is me," Draco exclaimed.

Camila started pouting and turned away. She was going to ignore him but changed her mind. "This is such a boring date. Don't you have anything else planned?" She asked.

Draco feigned being hurt before he took out a radio from the basket. He fiddled around with the switches before he found a station he liked. A slow piano piece started when Draco asked, "may I have this dance, m'lady?"

They both got up and stood on the grass. Draco placed one arm on her waist, the other holding her hand. Once he felt they were in position, he started swaying to the music.

Though he knew many dance styles that he was forced to learn, he was content with just gently swaying to the music.

Camila pressed her ear to his chest, listening to his heartbeat. She closed her eyes, the soft music was like a lullaby. She opened her eyes when Draco twirled her around. She giggled in pure joy, forgetting about all the worries of her life. Her heart started beating louder when Draco dipped her at the end of the song.

He slowly bent his head towards hers, kissing her. This kiss was much slower than their previous ones but still left her breathless from how passionately he kissed her. They broke the kiss, Draco bringing them both back to normal. He pressed his forehead against hers.

"I really, really adore you Mila," Draco said, his voice filled with emotion.

"Is that your new nickname for me?" Camila asked, trying to ignore the flurry of butterflies in her stomach.

"I had to come up with something other than sweet cheeks, baby pie or honey bunny," Draco replied with a cheeky smile.

Camila was about to come up with something to say when another song began and Draco pulled her towards him to start dancing. So they spent the night, dancing, laughing, whispering sweet nothings with loads of kisses in between.