13| americano

C H A P T E R  1 3

CAMILA TRIED OPENING the door, but failed

CAMILA TRIED OPENING the door, but failed. She cursed Harry for locking them both inside. There was a long awkward silence, both of them wanting to say a million words, but not knowing where to start.

"I'm sorry," Camila said meekly.

"You broke my heart and all you can say is sorry?"

His razor sharp words seemed to cut her. Camila opened her mouth to speak but Draco cut her off. "Please don't say anything more. You've said enough the last time we spoke," Draco said, not looking into her eyes.

He took a pause, glaring at her before he continued. "You were the first person I trusted and opened up to after the war. Now I can't even look at you without remembering what you did," he said. At this point, Camila's eyes were glossy and she felt like the already small room was closing in on her.

Draco was so frustrated, running his hand through his hair, making it very messy. His mask slipped for a minute, showing how sad and broken he felt. But it was gone as fast as it came and he was back to being cold. "And the worst thing out of all of this was seeing you being all cozy with Potter."

"It fucking hurt me so much, knowing I wasn't worth anything to you," he said, looking at her intently. He punched the door, imagining that it was Potter's infuriating face instead.

"Tell me, were you with me just for fun or because I actually meant something to you?" He asked, his voice cracking in the middle.

"Does it even matter anymore? Aren't you on a date with Greengrass?" Camila asked, looking down at her feet.

Draco scoffed at what she had said. "So that's your answer," he said to himself, shaking his head in disbelief. "I'm going to murder you once I come outside, Potter." Draco shouted at the door, hoping Camila couldn't see how heartbroken he was.

There was a long pause. Camila was trying not to burst out crying and Draco was trying not to break anything in the storage room. Camila finally broke the silence.

"Can I please explain what had happened?" She asked, hoping he would listen to her. Draco stares hard at her, thinking about what to say.

"Alright speak," he said, his cold facade never changing.