𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐎𝐍𝐄

     Rowan stood at the end of an alley. The streets were quiet, and her mind was clear. She had a good feeling about her next jump. Ever since she's been trying to find her way back home she's been using her powers a lot, meaning she's been getting better.

     Rowan has the ability to jump to dimensions and to alter reality. She wasn't really good at the altering reality part. It took a lot out of her and often had her resting for days because of the amount of energy that it took.

     All Rowan wanted was to go back home to her family. She missed them. Her dying was never supposed to happen. So luckily for her, she found a loophole and was able to live again. Rowan reached her hand out and a dimension portal was placed at the end of the alley.

     Rowan stretched her limbs. She didn't know exactly how far the dimension she desired to go to was, so she needed all the momentum she could muster. Rowan sprinted down the alley and jumped through the light purple portal. In a quick second, she landed in a field of flowers.

     Rowan looked around and smiled. There were items from different eras of times all spread out around her. Her grin grew wider as she realized she finally got to the dimension she spent decades looking for. Rowan collapsed in the flowers and for the first time in a long time, she felt at peace.

     Flowers swayed around her and a small voice spoke, "Who are you?" Rowan sat up and looked behind her.

     A small boy with dark brown hair stood. She offered a smile in which he returned. "I'm Rowan, what's your name?"

     The boy gave her a toothy smile and offered her a flower that he plucked from the field. "I'm Jack!" he bubbled.

     "That's a really cool name, thanks for the flower," Rowan replied, bopping the boy's nose with the flower. Jack giggled and scrunched his nose.

     Rowan chuckled at the boy and tilted her head. "Can I ask you something?" she asked.

     "Sure!" Jack nodded, plopping down next to her.

     "Is time travel real?" Jack laughed at her question. Rowan felt her hope diminish. She really thought that this was it.

     "Of course it's real! We have a time machine in our house!" Jack replied, pointing over to an old rustic styled house.

     "You have one?" Rowan asked in disbelief. Jack nodded.

     "Everyone has one," he added matter of factly. Rowan smiled brightly. She found it. She finally found the dimension she was looking for. She was finally able to go home.

     Rowan looked at Jack, the boy who could help Rowan, the boy who could potentially send her back to the people she loved the most. There wasn't a day where she wouldn't think of her siblings, her mom, and the walking, talking monkey who would act more like her dad than the man she hated.

     "Do you think you can send me somewhere?" Rowan questioned. The boy looked at her in shock.

     He quickly started to pull out the weeds from the floor, "I don't know, Mama told me not to use it when she isn't home."