𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

TWENTY-SIX

The group breathlessly walked in and heard the sound of music fill the theater. Rowan led everyone up the staircase before Allison stopped Luther with a note in her hand that read, 'I need to go alone!'

Luther shook his head, "Allison, I can't let you do that, all right? She's beyond reasoning."

"You hear the music? It's started," Diego shouted, looking at Luther.

"Luther, Allison needs to do this. Trust me," Rowan explained, standing next to Allison who smiled at her in appreciation.

"Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?" Luther asked.

"We don't have time for this," Klaus mumbled, looking around at the building.

"I'll go with her. Vanya doesn't hate me. I'll be close by, enough to protect Allison if things get bad and far enough for Vanya won't see me," Rowan added, holding onto Allison's hand.

"Okay," Luther reluctantly agreed.

Allison nodded and ran up the stairs. "Don't do anything reckless," Rowan added, glaring at Luther before running off to join Allison.

"I'll be backstage just in case something happens okay?" Rowan asked. Allison nodded and squeezed her hand before Rowan ran off and found her way backstage. She hid behind the curtains before she spotted Diego walking towards her.

"What are you doing?" Rowan asked.

Diego simply looked forward. "Thought you would appreciate some backup," he said, not moving to look at Rowan.

Rowan followed his glance and noticed Luther at the other side of the stage. Luther nodded towards Diego and they both started charging towards Vanya.

"No!" Rowan yelled as Vanya noticed the two and used her powers to blast the two away.

"Diego!" Rowan yelled as she made her way towards him. The crowd screamed as Luther helped them leave. Rowan ran to Diego and kneeled beside him.

"Are you okay?" Rowan asked, helping him up as Vanya blasted her powers again.

"I'm fine," Diego answered, as he pulled them down for cover behind the chairs.

Rowan slapped his arm and Diego rubbed it. "Ow! What was that for?"

Rowan glared at him and pointed to Luther. "For listening to that moron!" Rowan yelled.

"She's stronger than expected," Luther breathed out as Allison threw a bag at him.

"No shit, dumbass!" Rowan hissed as she crawled closer to Vanya. Stopping every so often to hide.

"We're fine, thanks for asking," Luther told Allison sarcastically.

Rowan snapped her head towards the two boys. "You both just fucked us over! I told you to listen to me because I know what happens! You don't listen!" she hissed, glaring at them.

Allison just smiled smugly and nodded at Rowan in approval. "Okay, so what do we do Rowan?" Diego asked.

Rowan leaned against the chair so she would face the three. "The violin is her power source. Once we get it from her she might be able to get back to herself and listen to us," Rowan explained, standing up before a bullet flew past her head.

Rowan quickly fell to the floor and glanced at the three. The members of the orchestra ran away screaming as more of the masked gunmen stormed the theater.