𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

FOUR

     Rowan walked down the hall, adjusting her blazer before being pulled into a room. Klaus slammed the door behind her and cried.

    "Woah, what's wrong?" Rowan asked, immediately rushing over to the helpless boy.

     "I broke Dads door in his room," Klaus exclaimed in a low voice, the fear in his eyes undeniable.

     "Klausy," Rowan trailed.

     "He's going to send me to the mausoleum again, I can't do it Rowan!" he cried, tears streaming down his face as he paced back and forth.

      "You're not going to the mausoleum again Klaus," Rowan assured, giving the boy a tight hug.

"Everyone come here right now!" Reginald yelled.

     "Rowan I'm screwed!" Klaus exclaimed, the tears pouring down her face. Rowan's heart ached, she knew how much the mausoleum affected the boy.

     He still had nightmares. He was not going to send Klaus back to the mausoleum, there was no way she'd let him.

     "No you're not, just let me do all the talking," Rowan replied, wiping the tears from the boys face.

     "No Ro," Klaus said sternly. Rowan rolled her eyes and did her best to use her powers to alter reality to make it look like Klaus was never crying.

     "Come on Klaus, we'll be alright."

     The two rushed down the hall and followed the rest of their siblings. Their Dad towered over them, his door in half as the siblings glanced at each other uneasily.

     Five glanced at Rowan and Rowan gave him a soft smile, her eyes sad. Five knew something was off, but before he could analyze her their Dad slammed his hand on the remains of the door.

     "Who is responsible for this?" he exclaimed, his eyes glaring at each number.

     Rowan took a deep breath and stepped forward. "I am," she answered, her back straight and her head high.

     "Number Eight! I knew this must have been you! The rest of you are dismissed, go to your rooms!" he boomed.

     Footsteps were heard from behind Rowan, her eyes set on the man who ripped her from her home. She waited for her punishment, dreading what was about to come.

     "Number Five, I said go to your room!" Rowan whipped around and Five stood there, his arms crossed.

     "I want to stay," he replied, Rowan, knowing he was nervous under the sarcastic tone of the four simple words.

     "Now Number Five!"

Rowan swallowed hard, her eyes pleading for him to just go. Five met her eyes and loosened his stance. "It's okay, go," she mouthed out, offering the boy a sad smile.

     Five reluctantly left, not wanting to cause any more trouble for the girl. "Fix it. Now." Rowan sighed and tried her hardest to muster up enough power.

     She felt the power rush through her veins as she held her hands out to the door, altering the reality to make the pieces go together.

     Rowan collapsed on the floor and began to breathe heavily. "You can't even put together a simple door?" the man mocked, looking at her in disgust.