𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

TWENTY-ONE

    The sound of a ringing bell rung through the room. Rowan slowly woke up and rubbed her eyes sleepily. “No, stay in bed,” Five muttered, moving one arm to wrap around her waist.

     “Five! You're awake!” Rowan exclaimed, turning over to press a long kiss on his lips.

    “You scared me,” she mumbled. Five slowly got up and looked down at his bandaged wound. “Don't you ever do that to me again,” she said seriously.

     Five reached up and stroked her cheek, “I wanted to ask you something,” Five whispered, smiling up at Rowan.

     “Anything,” she replied. Five pushed himself up and grabbed a hold of Rowan's hand.

     “There's a fair in town next week, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?” he asked.

     Rowan giggled and nodded, “Of course I do.”

    The ringing continued and Five found himself groaning. “Let's go, he better have made something good,” he grumbled as Klaus shouted with his bell.

     Rowan smiled and helped Five out of bed. Five linked his pinky with hers as they made their way down the stairs. “It's too early to deal with Luther,” she muttered to Five as they spotted him in the kitchen with Klaus.

    “Hey, you're supposed to be the nice one between us,” Five teased, as they got closer to the table.

     “Yeah well, shit happens,” she replied as Five untangled his pinky to reach over and take Luther's coffee before he had a chance to take a sip. Five pulled a chair closer to his for

     Rowan could sit down beside him. “Jesus. Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?” Five exclaimed as his face scrunched up in disgust.

     “I'll buy you a coffee machine when this is all over,” she said, kissing the boys cheek. Five returned a quick smile, before turning back to Klaus.

    “Hey, it's been a while,” Rowan said to Klaus who went over and hugged the girl.

     “I'm glad you're safe,” he exclaimed, Rowan, hugging him back.

     “Same to you,” she replied pulling away.

    Rowan glanced at Luther as he looked miserably at the coffee cup in front of him. “Jesus, what happened to you?” Rowan exclaimed with a smirk.

     Luther simply glared at her as Five smiled into his cup. “Can we get started?” Luther asked, looking up at Klaus.

     Klaus walked backward as he looked at the three in front of him. “Anyone seen any of the others? Diego? Allison? No?” Klaus asked as they waited for Klaus to tell them why exactly he brought them together.

     “All right, then, this is the closest thing to a quorum-” Klaus begun, stopping to bang a metal spatula against the table “-that we're gonna get.” Luther covered his ears and groaned, Rowan smirked at the obviously hungover Luther.

    “Now, listening up. There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out. Yeah,” Klaus sighed, slapping the spatula against his palm before standing in complete silence.

     “You can tell us,” Rowan encouraged.

    “I conjured Dad last night,” he finally announced.

     “I thought you couldn't do that anymore?” Rowan questioned, tilting her head.

     Klaus smiled, “Ah, yes, I know, but I'm sober! Ta-da!” Klaus continued to smile and ended it with jazz hands before explaining in depth, “I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special, and then ended up having this conversation with dear old Daddy himself.”