𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

SEVENTEEN

"Rowan, it's okay," Klaus said as Rowan tried her hardest to get out of the chair.

"No it's not!" she hissed, stopping from exhaustion. Rowan sighed and gripped onto the chair. "I need to warn Five, I need to concentrate, I'll come back for you if it works okay?" Rowan said, her eyes shut tightly.

Klaus started talking to who Rowan assumed was Ben. Rowan bit her lip, all she wanted to do was get another portal going. She needed to get to Five and warn him it was a trap.

She thought about Five and how much she needed him, it was a matter of life and death and Rowan knew that. Rowan felt the familiar electrical feeling run from her chest to the tips of her finger.

With one final push, a portal emerged from her hand and onto the floor. Klaus widened his eyes, "Go, I'll be okay and I'm sorry for the stuff I said."

Rowan began pushing her chair over to where she was directly in front of the portal. "I'll get help, don't worry," she said as she leaned forward and fell into the portal.

Rowan landed on her face, the portal closing directly behind her. She rolled herself over and now tried her hardest to get free.

Her face stung because of the collision she had just experienced, but it was no time to wallow in pain. She needed to get to Five. When breaking free was no use she knew she would have to use another portal.

Rowan focused on Five and how she needed to get to him as fast as possible. In seconds a portal emerged and Rowan rolled into it, colliding with the hard floor once again, this time emitting a cracking sound.

Rowan groaned as a soft whimper slipped from her lips. Her nose throbbed in pain and she felt a warm liquid ooze from it.

"Rowan?" Diego asked as he lifted the chair that she was attached to. Rowan took a deep breath as she tried to focus on Five rather than the blinding pain from her nose.

"Where's Five?" she asked as the pain from her nose gave her trouble with catching her breath. Rowan felt extremely sleepy, from both the pain in her nose and the use of her powers.

Blood poured down her face profusely. The blood continued to run to the back of her throat, making it even harder for her to breathe.

"Are you okay?" Diego asked as he cut the rope that tied her down. Rowan tried to stand up but Diego pushed her back to the chair.

"He's right there, what happened to you?" Luther spoke up, pointing at a passed out Five in Diego's bed. Rowan furrowed her eyebrows at the person in the bed.

Diego pulled her forward and pressed an ice pack that Luther had handed him to her nose. "Breath through your mouth," he instructed, cleaning up the blood from the floor.

"Is he asleep?" Rowan asked breathlessly.

"More like drunk," Diego said as he reached over for a first aid kit to patch up the rest of her wounds. Rowan stood up in shock, tears forming in the brim of her eyes.

"He's drunk? I was getting tortured and he was getting drunk? Didn't he notice I was missing?" Rowan asked, her blood boiled as every word flew out of her mouth.

"Tortured?" Diego asked, forcing her to look at him. Rowan tore her glance away from Five and nodded to Diego.

"We need to go save Klaus. Two assholes in a mask took us from the academy, and I was too scared and worried about that drunk dick to use my powers. So we had no choice but to wait for someone to come get us," Rowan explained hurriedly as she rubbed the raw skin on her wrist, removing the ice pack from her nose.