𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

TWENTY-THREE

    The four piled into the car as they tried to track down Luther. “I feel like we opened up Pandora's box,” Klaus muttered as the cars flew past them. Rowan rolled her eyes and they landed on Klaus.

     “You know, I've actually met a descendant of Pandora. The stories are true but people didn't hate Pandora, after all she did release hope too,” Rowan retorted. The three boys looked at her as if she was insane.

    “What are you talking about?” Diego finally asked, looking at her through the rearview window.

     “Sorry! I just hate when people associate Pandora's box with bad things! Sure a lot of shit was released into the world, but so was hope. You just gotta look on the bright side,” Rowan shrugged, snuggling into Fives side.

     “Not that, you've met a descendant of Pandora and she told you the stories were true?” Klaus asked, his eyebrow raised.

    “Well yeah, I met her in another dimension. Having stories travel from dimension to dimension is actually quite common,” Rowan explained, falling silent as she thought of the concept.

     Rowan furrowed her eyebrows as she realized what she had just said. Greek Mythology was a real thing in a different dimension, yet someone must've traveled here to this dimension and shared them, passing them off as myths.

    After all, everything seemed possible after traveling to thousands of dimensions and discovering their own unique qualities. Everything was starting to make sense.

     Rowan recalled the book Reginald had asked her to retrieve from another dimension. That book must've told a story about this dimension and how it ended. It's how he knew the world was going to end.

    “I got it!” Rowan exclaimed, scaring everyone at her sudden outburst.

     “Ro?” Five asked as the girl literally jumped in her seat.

     “I was thinking. Pandora is a character from what we know as Greek Mythology right?” she explained, as the boys nodded.

     “Well, in that dimension I was in she wasn't a character. She was a real person. There are more people like us in different dimensions, ones with powers I mean,” she continued.

    “A common one is mine, traveling dimensions. Someone must've traveled from the real Greek Mythology dimension and brought stories from it back to this one. That's why we have so many books about it, they just wrote what was happening in that other dimension and just called it myths,” Rowan added.

     “What's that have to do with the world ending?”

    “Reginald sent me on a mission to retrieve a book. He didn't tell me what it was about, but after that, something in him changed. I could tell. What if that book had the future of our world in it and that's how he knew?” Rowan questioned, smiling as the feeling of accomplishment ran through her.

    “You think that there's a chance that it is?” Five asked.

     Rowan nodded, “I need to find that book,” she demanded.

     Diego came to stop in front of a bar. “Luther's been searching Dads stuff, maybe he's seen it,” Diego offered, as they all piled out of the car.

    “You guys go, I'm heading back to the academy to search for it. If Luther knows where it's at, call me,” Rowan said.

     “Do you want me to go with you?” Five asked, stopping her before she walked away.