𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

NINETEEN

    Rowan sat on her bed as she felt the bumps from her newfound tattoo. It was disgusting. She hated everything about it. The mark on her skin would forever be there, a constant reminder of the trauma she went through.

     A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts before Five jumped in. “I'm sorry, I promise I'll practice more, and when I'm ready I'll do it okay?” Five offered, taking his hand in hers.

     “I'm sorry too, I should've encouraged you, but I was just too scared to lose you,” she explained, pulling him down next to her.

    “How about we sneak out tonight?” Five offered, flashing Rowan a smile.

     “You know, you're a bad influence on me,” Rowan teased, pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

     “There's a fair in town, we can go there?” Five offered.

     Rowan nodded. “Great, be ready by 10,” he said before jumping out of her room.

    Rowan glanced over to her closet, if she was going to find anything decent to wear she was going to need some help. Rowan walked into the connected bathroom and opened the door next to it so she could walk over to Klaus’ room. Rowan walked in and glanced at Klaus who was sitting down on the floor with a small fire at his feet.

    Rowan shook her head and decided to put the fire out before he literally burned the academy to the ground. Rowan grabbed a cup from Klaus’ bedside and poured it on the fire, doing the opposite of what she imagined the fire grew larger at a quick pace.

    “Yes! Make it bigger!” Klaus shouted as he scrambled to his feet as he grabbed another cup from his bedside and fed it to the flames.

     “Klaus! Don't do that!” she yelled, scrambling to find something to stop the flames. The smoke crept into her lungs and caused her to cough.

     “Klaus!” she shouted as he danced around the fire. Rowan groaned and ran into the hallway to grab a fire extinguisher. She quickly pulled the nozzle as was able to stop the fire. Rowan panted and dropped the empty fire extinguisher and glared at Klaus.

    “Why'd you do that for?” Klaus whined, pouting his lip and collapsing on his bed. Rowan shook her head and cracked open the window so the smoke would leave.

     She then walked over to Klaus and pulled him onto his feet. “I need your help,” she explained, dragging him into her room.

    Rowan stood in front of her closet with Klaus resting his arm on her shoulder. “Where are you running off to?” Klaus asked, pushing through her academy uniform to the endless amounts of clothes she stole from different dimensions.

     “Five is taking me to the fair,” she replied, watching Klaus as he dug through the closet.

     “One last rendezvous before he time travels and potentially get lost forever?” Klaus asked, examining two shirts.

    “What? No. He promised he would practice more,” she scoffed. Klaus dropped the material and looked Rowan in the eyes.

     “Enjoy tonight okay? Anyways, what time is he coming to get you?” Klaus said, continuing to raid her closet.

     “Ten,” she replied.

    “You have an hour to get ready, while I get your outfit you can go get the smell of smoke out of your hair,” Klaus ordered, scrunching up his nose as he lifted a strand of hair.