𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

SIXTEEN

Rowan laid on her bed, exhausted from all the training she's done in the past few days. Rowan wanted to train today as well but Diego told her she needed the weekend to rest.

She reluctantly agreed and was incredibly sore. She reached over to her record player and played an album she received from Klaus. Humming along she laid back on the bed with her eyes shut.

A weight shifted on the bed followed by a grunt. Rowan slowly opened her eyes and looked beside her to see Five.

"Are you okay?" she asked, rolling onto her stomach. Rowan used her arm to prop her head as she watched Fives jaw clench.

"He won't let me time travel. I figured it out Ro but he thinks I'm not ready," Five growled, his arms crossed, refusing to look anywhere but at the ceiling.

Rowan hummed in response, "Maybe he's right."

Five shot up and stared at her in disbelief. "What, you think I can't do it?" Five asked, the look of hurt on his face.

"I didn't say that Five. All I'm saying is maybe you should practice some more or something?" Rowan replied, sitting up as well. Rowan reached out to touch his arm but Five moved away.

"Time travel sounds like super serious business. I know you're smart but have you really thought about it?" Rowan asked in a soft voice.

Five shot a look to the girl beside him, "It's not that hard. I can do it, Rowan," he retorted. Rowan looked down, she couldn't understand how else to get him to understand.

"What if you get hurt trying to time travel? Or worse, killed? What then?" Rowan spat, standing up and crossing her arms.

Five repeated her actions, slightly towering over the girl. "That won't happen because I know what I'm doing!" Five shouted, throwing his hands in the air.

"No, you don't Five! You've never time traveled before! Something can go wrong! All I'm saying is just to spend more time thinking about it!" Rowan yelled, pacing away from Five.

"I've spent enough time on it Rowan, I'm jumping to the future, end of story." Five stormed out of the room and slammed the door in the process.

Rowan bit her lip in order to muffle a sob. She kicked her drawer and sat at the edge of the bed. Her head in her hands as tears streamed down her face.

The couple had never fought before. They were on the same page with most things and chose to fight their battles instead of constantly fighting. This fight however needed to happen.

Rowan wouldn't be able to encourage Five to do something that was so dangerous. She was scared to lose him. The concept was foreign to them both, and although Reginald was the bane of her existence, he was smart, and when he suggested that it was dangerous she didn't bother to question it.

She knew Five had the power and will to do anything he wanted. She wished she could just support him in his decision, however, it was dangerous, and if he got hurt she wouldn't be able to live with herself.

A soft knock on the door snapped Rowan out of her trance, the tears still wet on her face. "It's Ben," the soft voice said. Rowan wiped her tears and made her way to open the door for him. Ben walked in and turned quickly to look at the girl.

"Is everything okay? I heard you and Five shouting and you look like you've been crying," Ben pointed out.

Rowan couldn't stop the tears as she shook her head no. "Come here," Ben soothed as he pulled Rowan against his chest. Rowan sobbed and clung onto the boy. "It's okay," he comforted. Ben guided the two to a sitting position, an arm wrapped securely around her.