𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

TWELVE

    Rowan grunted as she hit the floor once again. “I can't do it,” Rowan groaned, grabbing onto one of the chairs to pull herself up.

     “Yes you can, you just think you can't,” Diego explained, crossing his arms. Rowan huffed and looked up at him. This was the third time Rowan and Diego have trained together.

    Diego planned on keeping his promise to the girl, therefore every time Five had a mission they would train together.

     It's not like Rowan didn't like training around Five, it was just Five was so protective of her that when Diego would be tough on her Five would step in.

    Rowan and Diego came up with a plan and decided that the best way to train is when Five wasn't around. “Diego, it's pointless,” she panted.

     Diego shook his head and grabbed her by her shoulders, “Rowan, I know you can.” Rowan looked up at him, he was sincere, he genuinely believed she could.

    “Okay, but how? I can't travel to another dimension without being physically tied in this one,” Rowan exclaimed, moving away from Diego and running her hands through her hair. Diego watched as the girl pulled her hair.

     “I'm not smart like Five, I can't just make up the science to figure it out!” Rowan exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

     “Woah, hey, it's okay,” Diego said, walking over to her. Rowan nodded and bit her lip, wanting nothing more than for him to be right.

    “So you said you needed a physical tie right? Have you ever thought about using an emotional tie?” Diego suggested, causing her to stop in her tracks.

     Rowan stared at him in disbelief, “I never tried it, it's risky but it might work,” Rowan replied, a small smile on her lips.

     “You wanna try it?” Diego asked. Rowan nodded, feeling like it might actually work.

    “Okay, let's tie this around you just in case, but when you go into the other dimension take it off and try to come back the other way,” Diego explained. Diego made sure the rope was tied just enough for her to be able to pull it off but not for it to fall off.

     “How am I tying myself here emotionally?” Rowan asked as Diego put the final touches on her rope.

    “Huh, how about you use me? Just think about me, and how I'm in this dimension, I'll be close by that way you don't have to strain yourself,” Diego suggested.

     Rowan nodded, she stuck her hand out and out came a portal at random. “Wish me luck,” she said as she walked over to the portal.

     “You don't need it.”

     Rowan smiled at him before she stepped inside. The portal closed behind her, leaving a small section open for the rope. Rowan heard shouting and spotted a group of people with armor running towards her with weapons.

     “Shit,” she muttered, quickly untying her rope. Rowan bit her lip and closed her eyes. She tried her hardest to focus on Diego instead of the screaming group coming closer to her.

    She took a deep breath and brought her hand out, she thought about Diego, and how helpful he was being, she pictured the tie between her and Diego and as the sounds got closer a portal shot from her hands.

    Rowan ran through and landed hard on the floor as an arrow shot through the portal that closed behind her.

    “Oh my God, are you okay?” Rowan looked up and smiled at Diego.