𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

FIVE

    Five glanced down at the girl who had her head on his shoulder. Rowan sat quietly in the comfort of being around Five again. It was something the two missed, to say they had history was an understatement.

     The two were together before Five disappeared. It took them fourteen years to admit that they had feelings for each other, and had been together for a year before Five jumped to the future and got stuck.

     Rowan was devastated. She missed Five, everyone tried to get her back to her normal state, but it was useless. Without Five, she didn't know who she was.

    Five took a deep breath and looked down at the girl. “Ro, I'm sorry for leaving,” he said, making the girl sit up. Rowan glanced at the boy, still hurt from the past events.

     She understood how it was something he had been wanting to do but she wished he would have practiced more.

     Not wanting to fight she shook her head, “I don't want to talk about it.” Five frowned and forced her to look at him.

     “We need to talk about it, we were together before I left. We were dating for a year Ro!” Five exclaimed.

    Rowan ripped away from his grip and turned away from him, “Seriously Five, stop talking.” Five felt worse. He needed her to yell at him, he knew the pain she went through after he left. The others filled him in.

     Five couldn't live with the fact that she wasn't herself for months because of him. Five couldn't handle knowing she locked herself in her room for months, she even stopped doing Weekly Dish. “I know okay? I know,” Five said, crawling over so he would sit beside her.

     “Know what?” Rowan questioned, her arms crossed, glaring at the boy.

     “I know how you died.”

    Rowan's eyes widened. She never wanted him to find out. He would think it was his fault but it wasn't. He didn't know he was going to get stuck in the future, he didn't know she was going to get sick and ignore it, he didn't know how much he would hurt her when he left. He didn't know.

    Rowan swallowed her pride and turned to the face the boy. His eyes were puffy as tears trickled down. “If I knew you were going to die because I left I would have never left you. You have to know that,” Five explained, grabbing the girls hands.

     Rowan pulled one hand away and wiped the tears away from Five. She's only seen him cry once, but that one time ripped her heart from her chest. She never wanted to see him so sad.

    “Five, listen to me,” Rowan began, cupping the boys face to force him to look at her.

     “I died because I thought it was the flu when it wasn't, I should've taken care of myself and told Pogo I was sick. This is not on you.” Rowan said, Five wiped his tears and took a deep breath and nodded.

     “Still, I should've never left, and now I have to figure out how to end the apocalypse if I want more time with you,” Five stated, positioning himself so he was laying on Rowan's lap.

     Rowan smiled and began to comb her fingers through the boy's messy hair. “We'll figure it out, I'm sure the others will help,” Rowan offered, admiring the boy's soft hair.

     “I haven't told them, and you can't tell them anything either.”

    Rowan huffed as she continued to comb her fingers through his hair. The door flew open and Klaus happily walked to Rowan, his skirt swaying as he walked. “Hey Klausy, cute skirt,” she greeted with a smile.