Voice of Reason

(This chapter was mostly based off on a song I heard and I just envisioned the plot for this book. )

Killswitch Engaged - The End Of Heartache

Lucci silently stood against the fridge with his arms crossed to his chest as you cooked. Looking over he sees the tired look on your face. There is no apology he will give to you he meant his threats when you returned back.

---

“Lucci you are not to play with the lives of others! At least not with those who are of kind heart! You are no king and you are no God to be threatening the life of Jabra! And for the most of everything how dare you accept the fact that you bring fear upon me!”

Lucci turned around swiftly to the point you lost balance and went falling back. His arms closed around your back his hand held your head so you wouldn't meet the floor.

I will kill everyone you hold dear to you. I will burn your village and church. Do not play such innocent games with me. I found the Chambers I've found the hidden rooms and I know what you have growing underneath that piano. I know your past, the history of you. The history of this church.

I know who your mother was I knew who your father was as well. Do not test me on my patience for I have grown it longer than I should. My orders to my men are strict, if they can not follow it then they can not live long enough to say they followed me.

If I say we leave the church you will follow. I expect you to listen carefully because I know where the group of rebellions hide. All thanks to these hidden Chambers I've read enough to know about everyone.”

Lucci leans in closer his teeth nibbling the tip of your ear. “Do not leave me, do not disobey me, do not question me and I will not lie.” Moving away his eyes dug into your look of horror. “You will fear me!”

Lucci leans in closer and you smack him across the face in hopes it brings back some sense into the man behind that monster. But all it did was make him even more outraged. “I'll let you off on a little secret of mine. I believe it'll only be fair enough since I've unlocked all of yours.” His voice was low but smooth like silk and yet there was still some tone that couldn't be described. As if he were to be saddened by what he might say.

Leaning in closer his hands grip your wrists slightly to hold them above your head as his body surrounded yours as a shadow. Close enough to your ear but his eyes watched your expression from the corner. “I killed your father. Captain of the Dorea ship. The whereabouts of your mother were very unknown at that time, so I had to investigate.

Dorea, the name of the ship was linked to the origin of the short term name Andorea. A unique signature for the ship named after his wife.

A wife that I found and killed.”

Silently shaking you remember so well your days of waiting to see your mother. You know she didn't abandon you, a mother with a breathtaking smile like hers was never false. Lucci is the true reason why you never saw your mother anymore. “If it wasn't enough I too also burned down this church the moment I found out about her having a daughter. I was to eliminate the blood line.

These scars on your face, the wolves that attacked you. Jabura led the pack. We thought it was over, but then all so sudden years passed along and the church was built from the ashes. The blueprints we received on the church from one of the pirates showed the hidden tunnels located within the church.

See now that I know everything of you and you now know everything of me. I mean what I say and so do not tempt me.”

Lucci transforms back to his human form to lift himself up to see your eyes shed tears. His hand caressed your cheek so tender. His thumb traced your bottom lip before he ever so softly connected his lips with yours. But the way your mind felt apart from your heart the heaviness of what you viewed as child.

The nuns who raised you who took over the role of mother. All those years she was gone, all those years you thought she abandoned you led up to you one day standing at the gate. Gazing out to the sunrise you said these words and you will say them again to the man who bleeds of his own sickness.

“I-I forgive you.”

Lucci's eyes widened. The bitter sweet smile you expressed was not of fault nore forced upon. This bitter sweet smile was nothing more but the true nature of who you are. The nature that Jabra seemed to have noticed better then Lucci. Could it be the difference between a dog and cat. That a dog senses the true nature of a human better than a feline.

------

Jabra enters the kitchen and all that keeps Lucci from turning to glare at him is his focus on your tired expression. Jabra has helped before in the kitchen so he wastes no time on setting up the table.

“Thank you.” You say kindly with a smile handing him the bowl of rice and homemade egg rolls. Lucci left the kitchen only to return with a bottle of wine that was hidden in one of the pillars. The sighs of him returning with the bottle felt more of a mockery, it sickened you to have him know everything of the church. To know that you have let your heart fall so quickly and failed on protecting all that is to be kept.

After dinner you attended Jabras wounds on his neck from where Lucci dug his clause.

“He won't do it again.” Jabra looks over seeing you pack up the aid box.

“I'll make sure that he doesn't.”

Jabras eyebrows meet in the center. As much as he wishes to believe what you say he knows a woman like you against Lucci stands no chance.

But he lacks the understanding of the relationship between Lucci and you, he is unaware that Lucci is not fooling around. This has become a serious relationship in which everyone's lives, reputation and views are on the line.

Stopping you do shake a bit from the sudden feeling of heartache. Your loving mother was stripped away from you. The only reason you were put in this church was because your father died. The church would feed you and teach you better morals. What you would have given to see your mother one more time. The days before she went missing she told you she had found a better job as a journalist and that she was fixing to move into a nice apartment.

Everything seemed to go well till she stopped coming. Eagerly you waited for her just to hear her speak. See her smile. See her wide eyes that were of beauty. Even her laughter was more of music. Shivering you cover your mouth and feel the warm tears slide down curbing around your knuckles.

Jabra begin to panic seeing you suddenly break down before him.

“Hey come on don't cry like that.” Looking around the room quickly he reaches out pulling you close. Resting his chin on your head letting you weep onto his chest.

It's all so much to take in. To have this sinking feeling of love for the man who killed your mother. But you forgave him just like you forgave your mother for never returning.