Chapter 10

Rina shuffled into the classroom alone the next morning, for some reason or another Yua hadn't met her on the walk there. She looked around the room, noting that Yua wasn't in the classroom already either, before sitting down at her desk and laying her head down. She wasn't exactly excited for her time with the club that day, the day before hadn't turned out as well as she had hoped. She decided to try and think of other things as class began, and was quickly given just such a thing to ponder. Miss Miyake stood up and walked to the front of the class, beginning to speak before being interrupted by the door swinging open.

"Sorry!!!!" Yua flew through the doorway, landing flat on her face.

Some of the class laughed as Miss Miyake looked over at the defeated girl, putting a hand on her hip.

"Take a seat, Sato." She said, her face not betraying her thoughts on the incident.

Yua stood up and rubbed her face before picking up her bag and walking over to her desk. Rina couldn't help but small, such a scene was just like Yua, and it did a little to help her mood improve. The rest of the class went on uninterrupted, as Rina and Yua exchanges glances and funny faces occasionally. Finally lunch came, and Yua came over to Rina's desk. "You going perp hunting today?" Yua asked, sitting on Rina's desk.

"Yeah, sorry. You better message me later why you were so late!" Rina said, poking Yua on the cheek.

Yua made an exaggerated moan from the poke before turning away.

"Yeah...I'll message you." She said, suddenly sounding rather shy.

Rina raised an eyebrow, wondering what could possibly make Yua respond so silently. She didn't have too much time to think before she heard a familiar voice at the door.

"Rina."

She turned to look to the door, and as she expected, Masaru was standing there waiting for her, looking around the room lazily.

Rina nodded and stood up, giving Yua a wave before leaving the room with him, eating from her bento as she walked.

"Do you never eat lunch or something?" Rina asked, walking a few steps behind him.

"I eat breakfast and dinner, eating lunch is inefficient when on a case." He responded without turning around.

"Then aren't you just hungry all day? How can you focus like that?" Rina asked, raising an eyebrow at his back.

Masaru didn't say anything, simply turning his head halfway around to reveal he had a pocky stick in his mouth.

Rina narrowed her eyes and sighed.

"There's no way you're a healthy person." She said, looking idly off to the side.

Masaru shrugged and returned his gaze forward, one hand in his pocket and the other holding the stick.

Rina frowned, he was acting like nothing had happened the day before. Though it wasn't unusual of him, sometimes she wished they could talk things out and resolve them. But she shook her head, she was mistaking him for a friend, but he was just her club leader.

"We're here." Masaru said, taking a bite of the pocky stick as he stopped in front of the door.

Rina perked up, looking at the door.

"Are we just going to go in there and interrogate him in front of everyone?" Rina asked, remembering how that went last time.

Masaru put his hand to his chin and looked down in thought.

"Seto seems the type to make sure he's always surrounded by people, the witnesses make him confident. But if we catch him in his classroom, he's less likely to be surrounded by close friends like if we did at his club. So I'm banking on shaking his confidence" he said, looking over at Rina.