Chapter 17

"S-s-so what's this about a new g-girl hanging around Masaru?" Suzu asked Rina in the classroom the next morning, poking her fingers together.

"You and Masaru talk more than I thought." Rina said in a dull tone, her chin resting in her hand.

"W-w-well, I message him a l-l-lot..." Suzu said, looking away with a blush.

Rina raised an eyebrow at her reaction, but didn't have much time to think about it before Yua chimed in.

"Masaru's a regular Casanova, huh? That's what, three girls he has hanging around him all the time? One of these days he's gonna make a move..." Yua said with a grin, nudging Suzu in the side.

Suzu grinned with her, but didn't seem to enjoy doing so.

"I-if he d-d-did...and then R-R-Rina and this new girl g-get involved...I m-m-might be able to fulfill my d-dream of having an o-o-org..." Suzu was cut off by Rina.

"I don't think this girl is going to be around much." She said, more sternly than she intended to.

Suzu pouted from being interrupted again, but quickly moved on and looked over at Rina.

"I-I-I'll be coming to the c-clubroom again today to d-do some cle-cleaning." She said, her face growing pink from the thought of it.

Rina smiled, putting her hand on Suzu's head.

"Well, maybe it'll be a bit easier with you there." She said softly, before removing her hand.

Shortly after that the bell rang, and class continued on as it always did. When lunch rolled around, Rina did her usual routine of taking her bento with her as she walked to the club room, wondering why Masaru hadn't met up with her that time.

Her question was answered when she entered the club room to see Fuyuko standing behind Masaru's chair, her hands on his shoulders as she quietly spoke to him. Masaru himself looked less than enthused, but his expression lightened when he turned and saw Rina.

"Oh, hey. Now that you're here, we can head out." He said, standing up quickly and picking his phone up from the desk.

Fuyuko glared over at Rina as Masaru put his phone in his pocket, oblivious to the animosity in the room as he walked over to Rina.

"You ready to go?" He asked, looking down at the bento Rina had opened on the way there.

"Yeah..." she said quietly, before noticing what he was staring at, "Do you...want to try some?"

Masaru thought for a moment, before shrugging.

"Sure, why not?" He said, and Rina handed him her chopsticks.

Masaru picked up a piece of squid and prepared to put it into his mouth, but before he could Fuyuko stuck her head in front of his and ate the entire thing in one giant gulp.

"Nice try, harlot! Trying to poison my Masu, well I won't...have...it." Fuyuko said with a finger pointed at Rina, slowing down as she got a moment to taste the food.

"Harlot..?" Rina repeated in an annoyed tone, eyebrow raised.

Masaru, who had been looking at Fuyuko for the event, turned back to Rina.

"We should get going while we have time." He said, walking out the door and motioning for the two girls to follow.

"I'm used to you meeting up with me at my class." Rina said casually, walking on the right side of Masaru.

"In today's case, their club room is more close by to ours than your class." He responded, taking a pocky stick and putting it into his mouth, and allowing Fuyuko a moment to grab one as well.