Part 2: Weekend Fever

Part 1: INVITATION

The first week of school was over and the weekend had finally arrived. In this last period, Ed and Eddy tried in every way to avoid the Kankers, with little success. Meanwhile, Double D and Marie continued to spend time together, laughing and joking with each other. At the end of Friday's school day, Marie returned home with her sisters, after saying goodbye to Double D.

"If you want to talk, call me, ok?" said Marie to Double D.

"Of course. Anyway... I'll see you in these days, right? asked Double D, blushing.

"Well, if you'll see me, it will be because I miss you." said Marie, hugging him.

Whenever she touched him, Double D always felt hot. She got into Lee's car and left, saying goodbye to her "dream boat" again. Double D couldn't help but smile and return the greeting.

After a few Km, in the Kankers car, Lee asked Marie: "So, are you two a couple or not?"

Marie started to blush and answered: "What? Emmm... I... really don't know. I mean, I see he looks at me differently from before... but... Uuuuurgh, it's complicated!"

"You'd better find out as soon as possible, or..." said Lee.

"Or what?" asked Marie, almost triggered.

"Or somebody else could steal him from you." answered May, sitting at the back seats.

"WHAT!? That's impossible! He told me he's not popular with girls!" said Marie, getting angry with May.

"Listen Marie. Even if he thinks so, he's a cute guy and it won't be long before some other girl tries to catch him. Of course, as I see it, he's not comparable to my Eddy." said Lee, laughing for the last part.

"Shut up Lee! My big Ed is the best!" said May, proudly.

After Lee's words, Marie started to think: 'If she was right? I don't want to lose him! Lee's right: I have to find out if he loves me or not... but how? I can't be too direct with him... maybe...'

Meanwhile, at the same time at the school exit...

"So, are you two a couple or not?" asked Eddy to Double D.

"What!? Emmm... No? Yes? Aaaaahhhh, I don't know what I can say! I mean, I like her, ok? But... I'm too scared to tell her what i feel... What if she refuses me!?" shouted Doubled D, grabbing Eddy's shirt.

"Listen man, i wanted to tell you that I'm sorry, ok?" said Eddy.

"Uh? For what?" asked Double D.

"About my behavior towards you two. Listen, honestly I don't think I can forgive Kankers. But... if you're happy with her, then me and Ed are happy for you. Right Ed?" said Eddy, smiling. Ed nodded to agree with Eddy.

"Don't worry Eddy. And thank you for your solidarity." said Double D, placing his arm on Eddy's shoulder.

After having clarified, Ed hugged his 2 friends e shouted: "We're back! I'm so happy!"

"Ok ok, lumpy, calm down! Anyway, I think we can find out if she likes you, Double D." said Eddy with a diabolical smile.

"What? Really? But how?" asked Double D, surprised.

"Kevin is hosting a party at his house tonight. Obviously we were invited too." said Eddy, enthusiastic. After all that happened several years ago with Eddy's Big Brother, the relationships between the Eds and the other kids had changed for the better. Great friends? No, we can say they became good friends and that's it.

"Ok... so?" asked Double D.

"... Are you stupid? CALL HER NOW AND INVITE HER TO THE PARTY!" shouted Eddy.