Part 4: Locked Up

Part 1: NOVEMBER 10th

Some time passed from that fateful promise. Nobody should have discovered Edd and Marie's engagement before the winter dance. For Ed, Eddy, Lee and May it wasn't a problem to keep the secret. However for Double D and Marie it wasn't that simple... They continued to share the same desk but not to leave school together. During weekdays, after school, they only heard the other by cellphone. On the weekend, Double D would go to her house to help her study. Unfortunately, they were never alone, since Kanker sisters' Mom were always with them. Her Mom always said:

"As much as a boy can be good, males are always males. So, always be careful!"

On one hand, Marie disagreed but, on the other side, she was pleased to see her mother worry about her. But you know how things are going, right? No one can stop the younger one's instincts, especially when it comes to being fiancee. Obviusly, Double D was a gentleman: he didn't go to Marie because of his "primordial instincts"; he went to her only to stay with her, to study (of course...), laugh and joke.

It was just under a month to the big day. All the students were excited about the Winter Dance and they were working hard to turn that gym into a place of magic. Double D and Marie had to resist...

But that day, November 10th, something would happened at school that would certantly have improved their time.

It was the hour of American History for Double D and Marie. You remember Prof. Brown, right? Double D was reading about 26th American President's deeds, Theodore Roosevelt, when suddenly...

"Pssst, Double D?" whispered Marie.

"Mmm? Yes, Marie?" he asked.

"Is it my impression... or is the prof. staring at you?" she asked with low voice.

Double D, not understandig what she meant, looked up from the book and saw Prof. Brown's mustache almost squashed on Double D's face!

"O-OH! Emm, can I help you, Professor Brown?" asked him, nervously.

"Oh, my apologies, Mr. Eddward. I was fascinated by your beanie! It's a good one!" answered Prof. Brown, putting a little distance between him and his student.

"A-Ah! M-My thanks, Professor!" he said, still a little shocked by the situation.

Then, the Prof. looked for something among all the papers in his hands, and, after finding it, he said:

"However, Miss Marie. I have corrected her test and I have noticed with pleasure that you're making improvements and not only in my subject! I'm starting to think that Mr. Eddward's influence is helpful, right?"

Marie began to blush and, quickly, she said: "E-Em, n-no! I mean, I call him sometimes just for some clarifications, t-that's all!".

"Oh, my apologies for the misunderstandig. However, good job, Miss Marie." said Prof Brown, settling his mustache. Then, he also delivered Double D's test, congratulating the student for answering all the questions correctly. Next, he went to deliver the other tests, complaining mainly about the test of a certain 'Bob':

"Mr. Bob! Who the hell is 'George Puddington'? It's 'Washington', you ignorant!" said Prof. Brown.

In the meantime, at Double D and Marie's desk, they started to whisper to each other.

"That was weird." said Marie.

"I know. However, you're welcome about my 'clarifications'." said Double D, with annoyed voice.

"C'mon, it's more fun that he thinks so. Also, since you're the nerd of the class, he might think I copied from you. We don't want this to happen, right?." said Marie, with a mischievous smile.