Part 9: The Time Has Come (Part 2)

Part 1: WHY?

It was 10:00 p.m. While the other guys were at the ball, our couple headed to Eddy's Van to have 'some time alone'. After arriving and opening the back doors of the Van, Marie jumped on the waterbed and lay down, being carried by the waves.

"How soft! Anyway, where did Eddy get this van?" asked Marie.

"Oh, we found it like five - six years ago in the junkyard. At first we used it as a meeting place. Last year we finally decided to fix it for drive it when we would get driving license." answered Double D as he came in, too.

"So now you can repair cars, too? I admit it excites me." said Marie, smiling and showing her naked leg... Double D started to blush at seeing her that way. Without thinking about it, he decided to sit on the bed. After that, Marie hugged him from behind and started kissing him behind his head and on his neck. He began to sweat from the agitation.

"Are you ok, Edd?" asked Marie with worried voice.

"Y-Yes. Why do you ask?" said Double D, nervously. Then, Marie leaned her head against his back and spoke in a sad voice:

"Because I feel your nervousness... I mean, I can understand that you were nervous the first time we did it... but now... if you don't like doing it with me, you can tell me..."

After those words, Double D took Marie's hand. He started kissing it and stroking his face with it. Marie blushed for what he was doing. Then, Double D turned on her and said in sorry voice:

"Forgive me. That's not the reason. It's that... this all seems to me to be a dream. Being with you, looking at you, laughing and joking with you... doing 'love' with you and much more... Everytime I think I'm really lucky to have you... and that's why I'm afraid of doing something wrong... that could destroy everything we have now... That's why I'm nervous."

Hearing his confession, Marie hugged and kissed him. Afterwards, looking into his eyes, she said smiling:

"You know... I love your kindness... I love your empathy, your noble soul... I love everything about you... and just because I love you, I also tell you that you have all the papers in order to be more enterprising in your life and that you don't always need to worry about others..."

Hearing her, Double D looked down... a tear fell on his cheek... but at the same time, he began to giggle. Marie was surprised by his reaction.

"Did I say something wrong... or funny?" asked Marie, confused. Then, Double D wiped his eyes, looked her and said smiling:

"No... In a way... you said almost the same thing an old friend of mine said to me a long time ago."

"Uh? What friend? Eddy? Or Kevin?" asked Marie, curious about who his friend was. While she was trying to guess, Double D giggled and then, when she gave up, he said:

"No, it was before the cul-de-sac... before you... and even before Ed and Eddy..." Suddenly, his smile disappeared and his face became pure sadness... Next, he said:

"Marie... I want to show you something... but first, let me tell you a story... a story I've never told anyone, not even Ed and Eddy."

"...O-Ok..." said Marie, worried about him...

Part 2: EDD AND BILLY

Even before Double D moved to Peach Creek, he lived in Virginia. He was 5 years old and, in character, he was not like the Double D that everyone knew. He was an energetic child, who acted before he thought and he had his own group of friends, following him in everything. Among these children, one stood out among others and that Double D considered his best friend, a child named Billy. He was a blue-eyed, blond-haired child who always wore blue shorts with suspenders. His dream was to build huge skyscrapers, even to build a skyscraper that would reach the moon! Billy was 4 years old and he was the youngest of Double D's group, both in age and build. Unfortunately, this child was always the victim of bullies, who made fun of him for his frail body. The only one who always defended him was Double D but, at the time, he didn't use words... but fists. Yes, as a child, Double D was a real troublemaker and always found himself in unpleasant situations. But all Double D cared about was that Billy was okay when he was there. They were really great friends.