Part 12: The Wise And The Monster

Part 1: THE WISE

It was Christmas morning. The sun's rays shone all over the neighborhood. Among the first to wake up to celebrate this day was Jimmy, who opened the window wide and began to shout at the throat:

"Merry Christmas, everybody!" But let's forget about the little guy. Let's go back to our story!

We were staying at Double D and Marie who played some' role-playing games' last night. The evening ended with them sleeping together. When the sun began to light up Double D's room, Marie opened her eyes, even though she was still a little dazed about last night (eheheh). As soon as she woke up, she noticed that behind her was her sleeping boyfriend, who was holding her in his arms. Marie was so happy to be in his arms that she decided to fall asleep again... But something kept her awake...

"Good morning, my dear." ... It wasn't Double D... and neither was Marie!

"What?" said Marie, really surprised. She opened her eyes... and in front of her was... a short, old lady in a red robe, with a pair of glasses and with grey hair tending to white, tied back with a pin.

"Uhhh... Am I dreaming?" said Marie, thinking of talking to herself.

"No, my dear. You're awake." said the old woman, smiling. Realizing she wasn't in a dream, Marie blushed embarrassed and instinctively elbowed Double D, obviously waking him up.

"Wha-Wha-What? I'm awake... I'm awake..." said Double D, still a little bit asleep. Then, he looked at Marie and said:

"Oh... Good morning, my 'butterfly'." Marie didn't say good morning back... she just kept looking in the right direction.

"...Marie?... Are you ok? What are you-?" asked Double D, before looking in that same direction and noticing the old lady... At first his eyes got wrinkled to see better... but when he saw better, his eyes opened like windows during a hurricane and he blushed out of embarrassment. Then, Double D shouted:

"G-G-G-G-G-G-G.... Grandma!"

"Merry Christmas, my little nephew!" said his grandmother, smiling.

The two teenagers were petrified by shame... the silence began to dominate inside that room... a silence that was interrupted by the same grandmother:

"You must be the girlfriend of my 'pudding'. It's a real honor to meet you."

Hearing her words, Marie was upset... but at the same time she was trying to keep herself from laughing, knowing that Double D's grandmother called him 'pudding'.

"G-Grandma! H-How come you're here?" asked Double D, really curious and still embarrassed.

"Eddward, dear, I am your Christmas present! I decided to come here with your parents from Florida and I intend to stay until the end of January." said the grandma, smiling.

"M-Mom and D-Dad are here too? They didn't come in here, did they?" asked Double D, really embarrassed.

"Don't worry... when I saw you in sweet company, I sent them to buy some medicine that I 'forgot' to bring." said the grandma, twinked to him. Then, Marie talk embarrassed and in sorry voice:

"I-I'm so sorry! I-I don't want to have made... a-a bad impression on you..." Suddenly, the grandma approached her and said smiling:

"My dear, you don't have to apologize. Besides, I'm so happy that my 'pudding' has found a girl as pretty as you. Unfortunately, you'd better go before my daughter tones up with her husband."

Seeing the grandma's face so happy, Marie's eyes lit up like two stars...she blushed and hugged Double D' grandma.

"Oh oh! What a sweet girl!" said the grandma, giggling.