Part 8: The Time Has Come (Part 1)

Part 1: HERE WE ARE

The day had finally come. After the school day, only 2 hours were left for the much-anticipated Winter Dance. A few days earlier, male students had been warned that they should come in tuxedo, classic or white. Female students were supposed to come in at least one fancy dress. The adult supervisors would have been Ms. Johnson and Mr. Brown. Now, back to our story.

Double D decided to wear a white tuxedo for that night. While he was getting ready, he couldn't help but feel some anxiety and this because he wanted to make that night special.

'Relax, Eddward... You can do it... Don't panic! This isn't just your night... It's your night, yours and Marie's.' he thought as he sat in front of the mirror.

Suddenly, Ed and Eddy entered his room. Both were wearing classic tuxedos. Eddy didn't care how the evening would go. Instead, Ed continued to live in his world and this was evident because he had put the bow tie under his nose.

"Look, Double D! Butterfly Mustache!" said Ed, laughing.

"Ed, by now you should know what the bow tie is for." said Double D, while he was fixing Ed's dress.

"Why are you wearing a white tuxedo? Isn't that a gay thing?" asked Eddy to Double D.

"First, it's only a stereotype that a different tuxedo from the classic one identifies the sexual identity of the wearer. Second: it matches my beanie." said Double D, raising his head as a sign of disappointment.

"I can accept the first answer... but the second answer is what a gay would say, ahahah!" said Eddy, laughing at the last part. After that claim, all three started to laugh. Then, Eddy said:

"Okay, bad boys. Let's get in the van, so we can get the girls."

Double D, hearing him, was confused for a moment. So he asked:

"What do you mean 'girls'?"

"... Me and Ed are going with Lee and May."  Eddy said to him, a little soaked.

Hearing his friend, Double D laughed aloud. Then he asked, laughing:

"What happened?"

"I'll explain it to you in the van." said Eddy.

When they started to move, Eddy, while he was driving, told Double D that on the same day he saw a girl at school... or rather her butt. He couldn't see her face because the girl was taking things from her locker. Obviously, the girl in question noticed Eddy and... Well, it turned out to be Lee! So Eddy, so as not to make a fool of himself, invited her to the ball. That's all.

"Ok... AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!" said Double D, dying from laughing.

"I'm warning you, Sockhead! I won't take anything to ruin your pretty dress!" shouted Eddy, unnerved.

"Eheh, sorry Eddy. Why does Ed bring May instead?" asked Double D.

"I forced him." answered Eddy.

"It's okay. I've discovered that May only bothers me when she hugs me and kisses me. If she feeds me, I'm happy." said Ed, laughing.

"...Are you still so afraid of May?" asked Double D, not realizing the "rancor" that Ed felt for May.

"It's not fear, Double D. But, when she hugs me and kisses me, I always feel warm and the heart beats me hard and it's something that bothers me." said Ed, smiling.

Double D and Eddy were really surprised to hear him say that about May.

"...Don't you think all this you feel could be a crush on May, lumpy?" asked Eddy.