Part 10: Add A Place To Christmas

After the Winter Dance and the last days of school, Christmas Break had just begun. The neighborhood looked so beautiful to see, covered in white snow and with houses full of Christmas decorations, from red and white lights to snowmen with top hats. Even though they grew up, the guys of the cul-de-sac enjoyed this period of celebration together but especially with their families... well, not all of them unfortunately.

'Dear Eddward, your father and I went to Florida to see Grandma and spend Christmas with her. We're sorry we didn't ask you if you wanted to come but we were too busy with the work.  Anyway, we'll be back on December 26th with your Christmas present. Kisses, Mom' This was the message Double D's mother left written on a sticker hanging from the refrigerator. After reading it, Double D thought:

'The thing should surprise me... but no... what bothers me is knowing that Grandma won't come here to celebrate Christmas... Whatever.'

Double D was used to being alone in the house... but when it came to the times when his parents left him alone at Christmas, he was sorry... He loves his family and loves to be with them on holidays. However, having grown up, he had resigned and every time he learned of his parents' absence for work reasons. He continued to live his life as if nothing had happened. It was a week before Christmas, it could be that his parents would return earlier, perhaps even with his grandmother... But let's get back to our story.

Suddenly, Double D heard a strange noise coming from his chimney. To figure out what it might be, he put his head inside to see if there was anything... he looked up into the fireplace and... his head was crushed by a butt, or rather Ed's butt! Ed was wearing a green sweater with a Christmas tree embroidered on it, red pointed shoes and a hat with two elf ears attached. Also, he was carrying a huge Christmas bag.

"I'm Santa's helper elf!" shouted Ed. After that, he heard a strange noise... under his butt. It was Double D, trying to get his friend off his head. So, Ed grabbed him by the legs, pulled him from under himself and, hugging him, said smiling:

"Merry Christmas, Double D!"

As he cleaned his own face of the chimney dust, Double D said:

"Ed, I appreciate your energy and your Christmas spirit... but there's still a week to go before Christmas."

"Why postpone the inevitable? Also, I have something for you!" said Ed.

"Really? What is it?" asked Double D, curious.

At his request, Ed began to rummage through his bag... and pulled out a BEAR TRAP! Afterwards, he began to place it near the Double D's chimney.

"Ed... is that... a bear trap?" asked Double D, shocked.

"Yep!" said Ed, smiling.

"... And why are you putting it by my chimney?" asked Double D, really shocked.

Hearing his words, Ed turned on him with serious face and he said:

"'Cause the GRINCH!"

"...are you kidding me?" said Double D, with annoyed voice.

Suddenly, someone screamed Ed's name. Then, the same person violently entered in Double D's house... It was Eddy... who had a bear trap stuck to his leg!

"HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK OF SETTING A BEAR TRAP BY MY CHIMNEY!?" shouted Eddy to Ed.

"How'd you figure that out?" asked Ed.

"YOU'RE THE ONLY IDIOT I KNOW WHO CAN DO THAT!" shouted Eddy, unnerved.

"But Eddy! It's to stop the Grinch from stealing Christmas presents!" said Ed, worried.