Part 5: Love War

Part 1: INCOMING THREAT

It was only a week before the Winter Dance. After what happened in the Prof. Brown's office on November 10th, the two teens, with the help of the others Eds and the other Kanker sisters, were able to see each other more often than before. Obviously they could not be seen too close together while going to public places such as shopping mall, cinema, etc. But that little time together was enough for them to continue their 'performance'. Also, it seemed that the relationship between the other Eds and the other Kanker sisters was improving. Not as much as for Edd and Marie, but it was still a beginning. Now, back to our story.

It was a Friday like any other... at least that's what it looked like. That day, Double D didn't come to school and this obviously worried Marie. During the lunch break, Marie sent him a text message, asking him why he hadn't come. He wrote to her as answer: 

"I'm sorry but I have a principle of influence apparently. I could have come but my mother thought it would be better if I stayed in bed. Now I'm alone at home. However, I already feel a little better. If you like, we can meet tomorrow. Anyway, thanks for your concern :)" 

After reading his message, Marie went to sit next to Ed and Eddy, who were already having to deal with Lee and May. 

"Do you want the chicken, big Ed?" asked May, laughing.

"Ed wants CHICKEN!" said Ed, with droll to his mouth. 

Later, May threw the chicken thigh upwards and Ed took it with his mouth as if it were a seal. 

"Great job, big Ed!" said May, applauding. At that scene, Eddy and Lee were both looking at them with bored faces, as if to say: "But who makes you do it?"

As soon as Marie came to them, she asked: 

"Did you guys know that Double D was sick?"

"Pff, sick. Sometimes his mother can be really suffocating. Did you know that some time ago she made him sew kitchen curtains, since she and Double D's father are almost always out on business?" said Eddy, annoyed.

"Poor Double D! He's sick and there's nothing we can do!" shouted Ed, crying.

"Auw, sometimes my big Ed can be really sensitive!" said May, hugging Ed.

"Excessive physical contact!" said Ed, sweating. Next, Lee told Marie:

"There's nothing to worry about. What's more, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm sure that, after he feels better, he'll be loaded for the big night."

Marie reassured herself by hearing their words and said blushing: 

"You're right, there's no need to worry. In addition, there is still a week to go."

"That's right! Besides, after school, my little sister's going to see how he's doing." said Ed, smiling.

Disconcerted by the words of his friend, Eddy spit out his drink and, after cleaning himself, shouted:

"ARE YOU SERIOUS, ED!?"

The three sisters were surprised by his reaction. Soon after, Eddy grabbed Ed by the mono-brow and whispered in his ear:

"Don't you remember... that Sarah...?"

"Oh oh, I know that! You're talking about Sarah having a crush on Double D, as we read in her diary years ago, right?" said Ed, laughing... after a few seconds, he realized what Eddy meant. Then, Ed said:

"Ouh..."

After that statement, Marie began to stare at poor Ed with fiery eyes. Then she grabbed him and asked with low voice (she wanted to scream, but it was better not to attract too much attention):