Chapter 13

*Not Proofread*

Next Day:
SPACE Academy:

Manik and Nandini entered the college separately as always.

Fab4 had been waiting for Manik to come to college to talk to him. While Cabir had no idea of what they had to talk about but he messaged Manik saying:

Bro I think something serious is up, everyone is waiting for you. Come to the jam room.
All the Best!

Manik somehow had an idea that maybe the discussion will be related to him and Nandini.
Reaching the jam room, he greets everyone normally, masking the nervousness he felt.

"Manik, where were you last night?", interrogated Mukti.

"What? I mean.... I was not at home. I went to a classmate's engagement yesterday night. Why? Is there any problem?"

"No.....just that I also happened to go to the engagement which you were invited to. Roshni used to be my neighbor. But you know what I was actually surprised seeing you there! Dancing and all huh?!",she remarked sarcastically.

"You know that fay I heard her on your phone too in the morning. Oh I know that gold-digger, she is just after your money. And how did you even get hooked up with her! She must have seduced you to bed. Huh?!", Alya butted in the conversation.

Manik's nostrils flared in anger, his hand fisted due to rage. Trying to compose himself, he took a deep breath and Cabir patted his shoulders.

"Alya, I don't think you should point a finger on her character, without knowing anything about her,", Dhruv said.
"Yes, Alya just because you heard her over the phone or Mukti saw her dancing with Manik doesn't mean that she is a gold-digger. You shouldn't label anyone!", Cabir tried to put some sense into the girls' minds.

"Why are you speaking Cabir? I want answers from Manik, not you! So just shut up for a while. Manik are you going to tell what were you doing with that bitch?", Mukti snarled.

Uh-Oh! Who did you call bitch?

"Muktiiii!!! You don't have any right to speak like that about her! The heck, you don't even know her to label her as a 'bitch' you say? Yes, I was with her last night. And that morning too, in fact every morning, day and night in the last two years I've spent with her only!", roared an angry Manik.

He didn't want to reveal things like that, but he can't take it when somebody says something bad about her. Although it was something not easy to understand quickly, but he hoped his friends who had been with him in his ups and downs throughout the years, will understand this time too.

This time he was wrong.

Mukti just went out slamming the door, while Alya was sitting shocked alongside Dhruv. Cabir knew Mukti's impulsiveness and he knew she would do something so he took Manik along with him.

Searching for her, they reached the canteen where Mukti was going to slap Nandini. Before Nandini could defend herself, she stumbled as somebody came in front of her to defend her. She looked up to see Manik holding Mukti's hands, while now everyone in the canteen was interested to know what was happening there.

"Everyone OUT!"

Manik's one roar and his glare was enough to stop the whispers of people and soon the canteen was empty with only Manik, Mukti, Cabir, Navya and Nandini.

"Manik what is this? She tried to seduce you and you're saving this bitch? What kind of magic has she performed upon you? You are ignoring me? I have been your closest friend!", Mukti stated.

"Now tell me! What is your relationship with this girl? Is she more important than us? Who is she to you Manik?"

"I love her! Ok?! She is my love. You can't compare our friendship to my love.", Manik stated sternly.

"Whatttt?",this 'what' came from Fab3 as Dhruv Alya also came to the canteen.

"Manik do you even know what you're speaking about? She might be a good person but you don't know her yet. She might just betray you. I don't approve of your choice for this Manik!", Mukti shouted on Manik.

Nandini came forward and held Manik's hand which was fisted due to rage and agony. She rubbed his hand to calm him down.

"This love did not happen in the past few days, just like that! I know Nandini since a long time and you don't have a say in her personality. You haven't known her for a long time but I know her, ok?"

"You will regret this Manik!", this time Dhruv spoke up.

Manik was shocked.

"What do you mean by regret? You mean that she isn't a good choice for me?"

"Yes! She isn't, because I am perfect for you, Manik. I befriended her because all of you wanted this.
Manik, I love you!", Alya confessed.

"What?",this time it was MaNan along with CaVya.

Manik tightened his hold on her hand.
Nandini sighed.

"I am sorry Alya but I never thought of you as more than a friend. And I already love her."

"So breakup with her! She doesn't deserve you. Just because of her, we are fighting. We! We haven't fought ever, and due to this girl all of us are fighting?", Mukti charged on MaNan.

"Breakup? Really? Why should I breakup with her? Just beacuse of all of you?", scoffed Manik. "Where were all of you when I used to have nervous breakdowns due to loneliness. Huh? Oh! I forgot! No one of you was there, only she was. You were so busy with your own lovers that you never noticed what I was going through! Dhruv was busy with Veebha, Alya was with Rohan and you, Mukti you yourself were busy with that Harshad, weren't you? Now when you had all your fun, am I not allowed to have fun with my love?"

He fell down on his knees.

Nandini kept her hand on his shoulder and knelt to wipe down his tears.

"It was all because of that Harshad! I am sorry Manik I wasn't there with you", she hugged Manik, but broke the hug and turned towards Nandini, "But, she! I can't tolerate her."

"Ok! If you can't tolerate her then be it."

•••••••••••••••••••
Like the star that we looked at together, I promise to be a star in your heart that remains for a long time and shines
•••••••••••••••••••••

*************************

Update after too long!

Cliffhanger!

Keep commenting and voting.

Love ya'll

XOXO ❤️