◇•2•◇

Chapter 2
Searching
Aaron

◇•◇•◇

I woke up to yelling.

More specifically, I woke up to Zane and Travis yelling and arguing.

Again.

"Ugh..." I sat up, sighing.

"Morning Aaron~kun!" Kawaii~chan exclaims cheerfully.

"NO, WE GO THAT WAY THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS, AND WE CAN AVOID THE ENCOUNTER ENTIRELY!" Zane yells.

"BUT IF WE FIGHT THROUGH, WE CAN BE THERE FASTER!" Travis yells.

"Did they wake you up?" Nell asks.

I nod, sighing again.

"What are they arguing about this time?" I ask.

"The best travel route... Nell found a group of GF soldiers waiting on the fastest route, but none on the longer route." Kawaii~chan sighs.

"Can you both shut up?!" I snap at Zane and Travis.

They both jump, and turn to me.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to wake you up." Travis sighs.

"Ugh, good job doofus!" Zane snaps.

"Zane! Stop!" Kawaii~chan glares at him.

Zane opens his mouth, and closes it with a sigh.

Travis sighs.

"I get that your both stressed, but seriously? I've lost count of the amount of times you've argued over the past week since we started searching." Nell says.

"Your one to talk." Zane grumbles.

"Zane! Be nice to Nell~chan!" Kawaii~chan snaps.

He just nods.

"But... I have to agree with Zane... in our current state, it's better to stay away from them." I sigh.

"I guess I see your point... I'm just worried... who knows what's happening to them?" Travis asks.

I look down, as the same horrible scenarios that I've been seeing in my head for the past week, run through my head.

She could be hurt.

She could be changed.

She could be dead.

She could be gone.

"We're going to find her." Zane says, interrupting my thoughts.

"I know... just... it's tough." I sigh quietly.

"We'll find all of them, including Ein. Don't worry Aaron." Travis smiles a little.

"Travis~kun and Zane~kun are right." Kawaii~chan says, tossing me an apple.

"Yeah! Besides, they won't start testing on them for a few more weeks." Nell exclaims. I can tell she's trying to reassure us.

"...Thanks. Everyone." I force a smile, and bite into the apple.

Even though I'm smiling, I feel like I'm going insane.

Every night I dream about her.

Her beautiful raven hair, and her olive skin... and her bright caramel-amber eyes...

I hope she's okay, but I know she's in danger. Even if it's not extreme.

She is my Luna.

Subconsciously, I put my hand over the marking on my neck.

The small violet crescent moon.

She has one just like it, but red, and in the same place.

I miss her.

I miss Aphmau.

I miss her so much it hurts.

"Well, come on. We should keep going." Nell says, standing up and stretching.

A memory surfaces, so suddenly I stumble.

"Ah! Hey!" I paused, just in front of the short girl I had just run into. I turned and growled.

"Watch where your going!" She snaps, flipping her hair, which is long and black. Her skin is olive tanned, and her eyes are big and a bright caramel-amber.

"Don't get in my way." I retort, turning and walking away.

She huffs and goes back on her phone.

I continue up to the high school, with one thought plaguing my mind.

Her.

"Woah! You okay?" Travis helps me steady myself.

"Yeah, just... another memory." I sigh. He nods in understanding.

We start walking again.

Kawaii~chan occasionally picked apples off of trees, and berries form bushes.

Where are we?

Canada.

The Rocky Mountains.

Flew here on a plain, and now we're traversing to a secret lab hidden here.

They said it was deserted, but considering it's in the Rockies, Canada, it's not very deserted.

Nell has been guiding us without much protest.

I think she's scared of me.

"Hey Nell? Do you know what kind of experiments exactly will happen?" Travis asks.

Nell tenses.

"Uh... well, they would start off with... amnesia drugs, so that they don't have any memories of who they are or any reason for them to fight back... once they wake up from that, they would do physical and mental assessments..." Nell trails off.

"Amnesia drugs?" Zane asks.

"Mhm." She nods.

"So they won't remember us?" Travis asks.

"No... well, they will eventually regain their memories over time. But it'll take a while without extra prompting." She sighs.

"Isn't Ein~kun with them? He could give them extra prompting." Kawaii~chan says.

"Unless they caught him." I sigh.

"Hey! Be positive!" Travis lightly shoves me.

I don't reply.

"Why are apples even growing here? I'm pretty sure Apple Trees don't grow on mountains." Zane says suddenly.

"Plot-convenience I guess." Nell shrugs.

"Nell~chan, shush!" Kawaii~chan exclaims.

We continued walking.

"Why does Irene do this to us?" Travis sighs.

"I blame Michael." Zane replies.

"Isn't Aphmau~senpai Irene?" Kawaii~chan asks.

"No, she's a descendant." Nell says.

"From this point forward, we blame everything bad that happens on Michael." I say.

"Good idea." Travis agrees.

We continue walking.