◇•20•◇

Chapter 20
Talking

Aaron

◇•◇•◇

Balto.

Is.

F***ing.

Dead.

Nobody, hurts my Luna, and gets away with it.

Soft snoring fills the room, and I look down to see Aphmau sleeping. She's so small and... fragile, almost. It's adorable.
I promised myself to protect her, and that's what I'm going to do.

Aphmau's phone starts ringing, so I pick it up and answer it for her.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Can I speak to Aphmau if she's there?" It's a male voice. I don't recognize it.

"Who is this?" I ask.

Silence.

"Hello?"

"Sorry, yeah I'm here. Just... tell me who you are first." He says.

"Her fiancé." I reply vaguely.

"Oh! Okay, I heard about you." He replies, "I'm-"

He gets cut off by yelling.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Who is this?" A new voice demands. Female, cold, and a dangerous tone.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I asked first."

I hate it when people use that logic.

"My name is Aaron. Who are you?"

"Aaron? Wait- Aaron! It's Mika." She says.

"Mika? How did you get Aphmau's phone number?" I ask.

"I didn't. Why was Balto calling you?" She asks.

"That was Balto?" I question.

"Yeah, he broke into our camp. Joseph and Ellie just chased him out. Why did he call Aphmau?" She replies.

I remember what Aphmau told me. Mika was the person who pushed Balto off of  her.

"I think you know." I say quietly.

"Guess Aphmau told you..." she sighs.

"You could say that." I reply.

"That didn't take very long. It's only been a few days since we left." 

"Where are you anyway? Kim says that Cathy is hiding something, but you and your friends are all over the newspaper." 

"Right now? In Phoenix Drop still, we don't plan on leaving, but we decided to stick semi-close to your area. We're actually on the street where y'all lived, and currently Chris and Talon are arguing about whether we should stay here or not." 

"Okay. That's actually a good place to stay, but keep away from Cathy, Betty, and Jenny's house. I heard they moved back together after Garroth left, and if they see you it won't be good." 

"Point taken. We'll stick around here and keep an eye on your friends. Oh, and your sister is worried about you. I could literally hear her yelling about it from two streets away, and I'm not even a werewolf or meif'wa."

"Oh... that's... right. I'll find a way to tell her I'm fine."

"Shoot, I gotta go. See ya."

"Bye."