◇•11•◇

Chapter 11
Jailing
Aaron

◇•◇•◇

As soon as I hung up on Katelyn and Kim, the police ran into the room, and surrounded us.

Aphmau squealed, and pushed herself closer to me. She was scared, I could smell it. I growled and put my arm around her protectively, glaring at them. One officer stepped forward.

"Sir, we need you to let go of the woman. She is under arrest for the attempted murder of Zane Ro'Meave." He says.

"This woman is my fiancé. What proof do you have that she did it?" I ask.

"Witness report of her stabbing Mr Ro'Meave, as well as finger prints on the weapon-"

"What weapon?" I ask.

"Stainless steal kitchen knife with a fake amethyst on the hilt." He says.

"I've never touched any knives, aside from this morning when I was cooking." Aphmau says nervously.

"Fingerprint DNA says otherwise. If you could please come with us..." he walks over, and grabs her arm, pulling her up. She squeaks and tries to pull away, though his grip is strong. I scramble to my feet, and grab her other hand, violently jerking her away from him. She whimpers and hides behind me.

"Sir, I understand your in denial because she's your fiancé, but-"

"Aunty Aphmau!"

We all turn, and see 10-year old girl rush over and hug Aphmau. She's obviously startled.

"Abby!" Jeffory runs over, and gently pulls his daughter off of her.

"Damnit Jeffory! You don't just run into a group of police officers!" Katelyn exclaims.

"Ah! Katelyn don't leave me alone!" Travis squeaks, as the two join us, with Travis attached to Katelyn's arm.

"A-Abby? Jeffory?" Aphmau asks. They both smile.

"Glad you remember us, Katelyn explained the situation." Jeffory says.

I look at Katelyn.

"Only the basics." She mouths at me. I nod.

"Just names honestly... u-usually when I meet someone I don't remember, their name comes to me quickly, but just that..." Aphmau says.

"Ahem." The officer clears his throat.

"Oh, yes! Sorry Sir, we got carried away. I'm Jeffory, and this is my daughter Abby. We're good friends of Aphmau." Jeffory says.

"I'm Katelyn. Her step-sister." Katelyn says.

"Travis." Travis flashes a smile, and goes back to cowering behind Katelyn.

"Right, but I'm afraid that Aphmau is being arrested-"

"For what? On what charges? What evidence?" Katelyn demands. The officer sighs.

"For the attempted murder of Zane Ro'Meave, Aphmau Firewing is being charged with attempted murder and kidnapping, with the evidence of an eye-witness report, a knife with her fingerprints, and a missing report for two teenage werewolf girls, who were seen with you during the crime." He states, crossing her arms.

"Kidnapping?" Travis asks.

"2 teenage werewolf girls?..." Jeffory asks.

"Kaiya and Taiya?" Katelyn tilts her head.

"W-what?!" Aphmau exclaims.

"What?! Kaiya and Taiya are our adopted daughters!" I say.

"I'm tired of this. Hand the woman over." The officer orders. "Or we shoot."

"W-what?" Another officer looks up at him. "But sir, most of them are innocent!"

"Did I give you permission to speak? You have no right to question my orders!" The officers roars, kicking the other one, who helps and falls over.

"Leave!" He orders. The other scrambles to get away, running out the door.

"I demand a lawyer! I want court tomorrow at the latest!" Hyria exclaims.

"Uh, Ma'am please-"

"I'm not taking no for an answer Little Boy! I'm thousands of years old, don't disrespect me!" Hyria interrupts the officer, whacking him over the head with the butt of her staff.

"Uh, yes of course. I'll call now." He says, taking his phone.

"Hello Sir. Yes, uh... an old lady is demanding that the court case for Aphmau Firewing be held tomorrow at the latest." He says.

"OLD LADY?!" Hyria yells, "I'M ONLY A MILLION YEARS OLD! CAN AN OLD LADY DO THIS?!" She whacks him with her staff again.

"Meep! I'm so sorry!" The guy squeaks. Hyria takes his phone.

"Court. Tomorrow. Or this old lady will be your worst nightmare." She says, then hangs up.

"But ma'am, we still have to take her in for now until tomorrow..." he says nervously.

"Okay..." Aphmau steps forward.

"What?! Aph-"

"No, it's fine. It's just jail, right? Just until tomorrow. I'll see you then." She interrupts me. I sigh.

"Fine, but I want to ride with her there." I say.

"That can be arranged." He replies.

We get herded outside. One of the officers puts handcuffs on her. We sit down in one of the cars, and they start driving.

"Hey..." she says.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Everything will be okay. I love you." She smiles at me. My face heats up. It's the first time she's said that since she's come back.

"I love you to." I say, leaning over her.

"You realize everything you say will be used against you in court." The driver says.

We ignore him, and I lean down. She pushes up enough to kiss me, and I kiss back.

The officer makes a disgusted noise, and rolls up the divider.

We end up making out for the duration of the car ride.

"Oi, stop kissing, we're here." He says, putting the divider down and opening the door.

He opens the door, and we get out.

We're here alright.

Jail.

~Hah! 4 chapters!
Fancy_Shmancy_Baby
yOuR wElCoMe