◇•22•◇

Chapter 22
Investigating (Part 2)
Aaron

◇•◇•◇

"Ugh, there's like, nothing here!" Aphmau exclaims in frustration, moving a garbage bag out of the way.

"Let's try looking behind the bins." I say. She nods, and attempts to push one out of the way. It doesn't move an inch.

"Pfft, need a little help there Baby?" I ask, snickering at her.

"Shut up!" She exclaims, punching my chest lightly while glaring at me.

"Was that a mosquito bite?" I ask teasingly, while pushing the same bin out of the way.

"I hate you." She grumbles.

"Love you too Luna." I reply, looking around behind the bins.

Nothing...

"Hey, look at this." Aphmau says, picking up a garbage bag.

"It's a garbage bag." I say.

"I know that Stupid," She retorts, "but look at the holes in it." She holds it out, and pulls it apart, exposing three holes.

Two on the side for arms, and on the top center for a head.

Aphmau puts her hand in it, to flip it inside out, but immediately pulls her hand back out. She sniffs it, and pales considerably.

"A-Aaron... the b-bag has d-dried b-b-blood inside..."

I rush over, and flip it for her.

She's right, the inside of the bag now exposed, and it's covered in dried blood.

"Guys, we found something!" She calls. Garroth and Laurence rush over.

"What is it?" Garroth asks.

I hold up the bag.

They both pale.

"Is that... b-blood?" Laurence asks.

I nod.

"H-how do we know i-it's Zane's?" Garroth asks.

"It's the most obvious conclusion, but... your right. We can't tell." Laurence says.

"I know how we can tell." Aphmau says, pulling out her phone.

"Are you seriously going to call Ivy?" I ask. She nods, dialing a number down and then putting her phone to her ear.

"Ivy? Wait, as in Ivy from high school?" Garroth asks, paling even more.

"Yeah, apparently she's an officer, but believes Aph is innocent." I say, while Aphmau nods.

"Hey Ivy, yeah... Oh, I'm fine! I need a favour... yeah, we need to confirm if some dried blood we found belongs to Zane... Who else is here? Aaron, Laurence, and Garroth... Great! See you soon."

She puts her phone back, and smiles.

Garroth looks like he's seen a ghost.

Footsteps sound, and we all turn to see a familiar magenta/pink haired girl running over.

Ivy.

"Hey Ivy!" Aphmau waves.

Garroth hides behind Laurence.

Laurence sighs.

I pull Aphmau ever so slightly closer to me.

"Hey Aphmau, Aaron, Laurence, Garroth." Ivy smiles faintly.

"H-hey..." Garroth mumbles.

"Yo." Laurence says.

I just nod.

"Quiet as ever I see... anyway, Aphmau, you said you needed help confirming that some dried blood you found belongs to Zane, right?" She asks.

"Yeah, here." Aphmau tenderly picks up the garbage bag, holding a part without blood between her index finger and thumb, and handing it to Ivy. Ivy examines it, and pulls out a tiny container. She picks off some blood, and leaves it in the container.

"I'll have to ask someone I work with to test it, but I'll let you know when I find out." She says, nodding at us.

"Thanks Ivy." Aphmau says, hugging her. She hugs back.

"No problem. As rude as I remember Zane being, I know you would never do something like that." Ivy replies, before pulling away.

"I should get going, see you!" She waves, and then runs off.

"Let's get going... this place gives me bad memories." Garroth sighs.

We all nod, and leave the alleyway.

"Hey... wanna go visit Zane?" Laurence asks as we pass the hospital.

"I mean... yeah, but-"

"You have disguises, and I'm sure Zane would like to see you." Laurence interrupts Garroth.

"Well, yeah... but, it's dangerous..." Aphmau mumbles.

"I'm not sure..." I sigh.

"Hey, don't worry about it! Come on!" He grabs Garroth's hand, and drags him inside the hospital. Aphmau and I glance at each other, and sigh, and follow them inside.

"We're here to say Zane Ro'meave." Laurence tells the receptionist.

"Room 105." She replies, so we all walk away and go to find his room.

"Here it is." I say, stopping outside a door. The sign reads 105.

Aphmau knocks, and slowly opens the door, peeking inside. She squeaks, and backs away, going behind me. Laurence peeks in, and gasps.

"What, whose inside?" I ask. He pushes the door open further.

Zane is on the bed, staring at us. Kawaii~chan is next to him, with her ears straight up and eyes wide.

Sitting next to Kawaii~chan is Kim.

Beside Kim is Vylad.

Beside Vylad is Xavier.

Beside Xavier is Cathy.