◇•9•◇

Chapter 9
Truth Be Told...
Katelyn, Kim, and Ghost.

◇•◇•◇

"Aphmau..." I manage out.

"Aphmau... was proven guilty."

Silence.

Stunned silence.

"No way. It must be a mistake." Jeffory says.

"A-Aphmau?... Aunty Aphmeow is g-guilty?" Abby whimpers.

I nod, silent tears rolling down my face.

"KATELYN!"

I hear Travis yelling. He runs over, hugging me.

"Travis?! What- I told you to leave me alone!" I exclaim, pushing him off.

"I'm sorry! You were right, I should never have doubted Aphmau!" He wails.

"Huh?" I ask.

He's literally on his knees crying.

I'm so, so, so confused.

"Aphmau... it wasn't her! I shouldn't have doubted it, she would never hurt her best friend! I saw Kim, and she explained everything!" He cries.

"Travis? Is everything okay?" Jeffory asks.

"Jeffory? Oh... hey..." Travis says.

"Stop crying, what did Kim say?" I ask. I know she said she said she saw it, but I wasn't really paying attention at the time.

"Cathy! Cathy did it, I'm sorry for doubting her, please forgive me!" He cries.

"Why are you apologizing to me?!" I ask.

"Because Aaron and Hyria are with Aphmau, and I'm scared to go near them." He whimpers.

Well, at least he has a good reason.

"Fair enough... Aaron could snap you in half if you aren't careful..." I say.

"Wait what?" Jeffory asks.

"Nothing." I say.

"Is that Travis?" Aaron asks. He's still on the phone, right.

"Yeah, sorry. This idiot caught up with me. He ran into Kim, and says he's sorry." I sigh.

"And the other two?" He asks.

"Jeffory and Abby, you remember them, right?" I ask.

"Of course, but what do we do?! Aphmau is going to be in jail for a week until the court case, and if we can't prove her innocent then it's... I dunno, 40 years in jail?!" He asks.

"Aaron, calm down! We can prove her innocent. I was witness to the crime." Kim says.

"One eye-witness isn't good enough." I sigh.

"What about Zane?" Taiya pipes up from Kim's end of the phone, "He was the victim. He should know."

"Judging from what we saw, Zane was stabbed in the back. He likely didn't see who did it. The only way he could recognize them... is if he heard them speak. Then he might he able to recognize the voice." Kaiya says.