{2}The Promise

🍥Chapter 2🍥
The Promise

"So, how is she?" Sakura asked Naruto, sipping her coffee. 
"She seems fine, what I found strange was that Himawari called her 'mommy' and hugged her and started crying." Naruto explained, drinking his coffee.
"Oh that, that's called spiritual connection. It happens to kids mostly, if they see someone they immediately knew that this person is something to them, they mean the world to them." The pink haired girl said.
Naruto nodded in understanding.
"Um, so what about Boruto, does he like her?"
"No, he thought that she was my girlfriend and started screaming at her then he went to his room."
"Don't you know how to beat him?" Shikamaru asked, taking a puff of his cigarette.
"Do you beat Shikada, Shikamaru?"
"No, why should I when Temari does all that."
"I'm gonna tell her you began smoking again."
"So what? Go ahead I don't care-"
"Temari!" Ino yelled,
Shikamaru crushed his cigarette, flung it away, took Ino's coffee, wiped the mouth and drank it to get rid of the scent.
Temari stepped in and looked at Shikamaru, he casually drank the coffee and flipping through the pages of a file, pretending like he did nothing.
They all laughed at this when Temari left the room, "Well, I hope they'll get along."
"They will, just give it time.."

🍥🍥🍥

     You and the kids sat at the breakfast table, going to eat breakfast.
"So, who would like to pray for us?"
"Me!" Himawari waved he small hand, "Okay, go ahead sweetie."
"Okay. Dear Lord in Heaven who rides on the backs of unicorns in  gardens filled with sunflowers, bless this yummy food that we are about to eat that was prepared by this beautiful angel you sent. Amen."
"Amen." You held in a laugh when she mentioned God riding a unicorn, you didn't bother to correct her and let her dreams run wild.
     Boruto sat and played around with the remains of his plate out of boredom.
"You know, if you're finished, just leave the plate right there and go do something." As you said it, he got up and went to his room.
You took his plate, emptied its contents into the trash and washed it.
"Hima are you finished?"
"Mhm, it was yummy!"
"I'm glad you think so, what do you want us to do?"
"Let's go gardening!"

🍥🍥🍥

    After gardening, you gave Himawari a bath and she went to bed.
You kissed her forehead and pulled the covers over her chest.
You went to Boruto's room to see him lying in his bed on his PSP, he noticed you and pulled the sheets over his head.
"Boruto, this isn't gonna work if you don't let me explain what's happening." You started.
"Then what's happening?"
"Sakura is my younger sister, she told me that your dad needed a nanny to take care of you. And believe me, that was the first time I ever saw your father in person."

He never replied.

"And one more thing, I never knew your mother and I wish I did. I may never take up the space as a mother in your life but I am a woman who is acting the role of a mother to take care of you.
I may not know, what it's like to have your mother taken away from you at such an early age, and you're almost a teen so this is the time of your life where you need her the most.
I'm not doing this for free, I could care less about my salary. I'm doing this for you and your sister's health and well-being. So Boruto please, let me do what I came here for and care for you like a mother would." You sat at the edge of his bed, hoping for an answer.
   He took the sheets off his head and faced you with tears building a wall in his eyes, remembering when Hinata beat or scolded him she would come and talk things out.
He then hugged you and began to cry.
"I'm sorry for being mean to you, I just thought he was moving on in such short time." You rubbed his spiky blonde hair.
"I'm so sorry for what is happening to you and your family right now.
Anything you need, just say the word and I'll do it."
"J- just p- promise me one thing," he said.
"Yes, anything."
"Don't fall in love with my dad."
"Said and done." You said.
     You looked up and saw Mr Uzumaki standing in the doorway, his arms folded and a smile etched on his face.
"Dad.." He got up and hugged his father.
"I think I should leave," You got up and left so they can have their father-son time.