{14}Park Bench

🍥Chapter  14🍥
Park Bench

   Boruto was at his big game, so it was just you, Naruto and Himawari.
You were brushing her hair when Naruto stepped into her room,
"What she's all dressed up for?"
"Oh, she has a play date with a new boy from her class. His parents insisted since she was the first friend he made."
"That's nice, where she's headed?"
"The park."
You arrived at the park with Himawari, and also Naruto who volunteered to come.
"Oh, you must be Himawari's parents!" The boy's mother approached us in greeting.
"A- actually, I'm her--" You stopped as Naruto's hand rested on your shoulder.
You looked to Naruto and he smiled, "Yes, we are."
    The parent nodded, looking down to Himawari, then to Naruto and then to me. She probably suspected something since all three of us had different hair colours since Naruto was a blonde, Himawari was a brunette and you had (preferrably pink) hair.
"You see, my wife here dyed her hair a while back. She's actually a brunette, you know?"
You chuckled lightly, "Just a mom trying to keep up with the trends, hehe.."
"Oh, that's understandable." She smiled.
     Himawari ran off with the boy to play, at noon the play date ended but Himawari wanted to stay a little longer. You and Naruto sat on a bench and observed her as she tried to build something with the sand from the sandbox.
You still couldn't believe that Naruto made up such a lie, you had to admit that it was a little flattering.
"So, are you single?" He asked, you were shocked at his question but answered anyway.

"Yeah, I am. Been a while since I had someone, maybe Highschool.."
"Highschool?!" He looked at you with shock.
"Shh.. I was caught up in Sakura's drama. She got pregnant with Sarada and so on.. So I forgot about my life and focused on hers and Sarada's."
"Oh, sorry."
"It's okay, actually." You sighed, "A child can really change someone's life, you know?"
"Tell me about it."
"I mean in a good way, you know, when you hold something so small and vulnerable it makes you feel responsible for protecting it and nurturing it."
"That's really true."
"I was a popular girl back in highschool, love letters, cute boys and love affairs.. That kinda thing, you know? I had a boyfriend, we had an on-off relationship since we were juniors. We graduated, he wanted me to move in with him and start a life together.
Moving day came along, and that same day I found out Sakura was pregnant and mom kicked her out the house.
I rented an apartment and I lived there with Sakura and took care of her, forgetting all about my future and my boyfriend.
Sarada was born, I held her for the first time and my heart felt full. I realised that my life doesn't matter anymore, but hers is the top priority."
"You do what people want, but have you ever thought about.. what you really wanted?"
"Huh? I.. never really thought about it before.."
You looked away from his gaze. He took your hands in his, you tried to pull away but his grasp was firm yet gentle.
"Just let me know, okay?" He kissed your knuckles, "I'll make sure you get everything you want and more.."

🍥🍥🍥

   The front door creaked open to your surprise, and it revealed the face of Boruto who was covered in dirt and bruises all over his body.
"Hey (Name), I won something for you.." He held up a glitering trophy before falling flat on his face.
You rubbed his head as it was rested on your lap,
"You've been working really hard lately, I'm proud of you." Naruto stooped beside you and looked at his exhausted son.
"That's nice, thanks mom.."