{20}Happy Birthday

🍥Chapter 20🍥
FINAL CHAPTER
EPILOGUE

December 27, 2020

    It was cold that night due to the snow, but with the love of family it was nothing more than a pinch of salt.
"It's time, brother.." Himawari said with a saddened look, Boruto helped her out of the car and held her hand tightly.
Tonight is the same night, that Hinata died.

***

"Surprise!" They jumped out from their hiding places "Happy Birthday, mom!"
"Oh.. How sweet of you--" Hinata began coughing, then it became dry and sounded unhealthy.
"Hinata?" Naruto approached her slowly.
She held her chest with one hand and covered her mouth with the other as she coughed continuously.
Naruto caught her before she fell, then took her to the hospital.

°°°

"She needs to be rushed to the emergency room immediately!" One of the nurses said.
"Naruto.." Hinata called out faintly.
"Yes, I'm right here." He took her hand in his.
"Thank you.. for.. everything.."
Naruto paced back and forth in the hall of the waiting room, in anticipation of hearing the results.

"We're sorry, she didn't make it through the operation."
"What? That can't be right.."
"We're sorry, Mr. Uzumaki. We did everything we could.."

My entire world fell apart, I thought I could never move on..

°°°

"Are you still looking for house help?"
S

he placed her hand on her hip, rolling her eyes.
"What do you want me to do?"
"Well, I have good news." The pinkette began, sitting on the chair across from him.
"Any bad news?"
"Nope, no bad news. I have a sister, she's older than me and she LOVES kids, and they love her right back. How do I know? She took care of me when I was little and she babysat Sarada."
"You had a sister?"
"She doesn't like me mentioning her to my friends. Here's her resume," Sakura slid a paper across a table to Naruto.
He raised his eyebrows, slightly impressed with the mystery lady's resume. He slammed down the paper and looked to Sakura, "Clear the rest of my schedules for today, I'll arrange a meeting with your sister this afternoon."

But then, you came along and pieced everything together..

***

   We stopped right in front of her tomb stone, lining off with our heads bowed to pray.

'Mrs. Uzumaki, you were a strong woman and great mother. I never meant for things to turn out this way but, things
in life are just inevitable.
You have two wonderful children, I will make it my duty to nurture them like you would.
It's kinda funny you know? Not knowing how much someone needs you by their side, but at least I know now. I'll take good care of this family, keep watching over us.'

Himawari rested a bouquet of sunflowers on her grave, "I really miss you, mommy.."
"I miss you too."
"I hope you've met Neji up there, if so, tell him I said hi." Naruto said.
I bowed, "Happy Birthday."
They all looked at me before doing the same as well, "Happy Birthday."

***

This book may not have been completed if it wasn't for @desireedaniels9
who motivated me to the very end. I thank them very much for the support.

Thanks for reading.

-Amethyst