{16}Overbearing

🍥Chapter 16🍥
Overbearing

Naruto has been acting really strange after the trip to the beach. He even stays in the house a lot more often.
You were doing the dishes when Naruto startled you with his presence.
"Need help with anything?"
"Oh-" You placed down the plate before it fell, and possibly broke.
"N- no, it's all fine. Nothing much to do anyway."
"So.. How did you feel?"
"Huh?"
"When my son called you his mom?" With every word he took steps closer to where you stood.
"I felt a little bad.." You stepped back a little.
"Will you feel bad if I call you.." He trapped you against the counter with his hands beside you.
"My wife?"
"N- naruto.." You placed your hands on his chest and looked away.
He lifted your chin up to face him, his eyes were serious and focused, but it also looked at you with need.
"Naruto y- you're too clo--" You were cut of by his lips crashing onto yours.
He pulled you closer to him as he deepened the kiss, biting your lip and tightening his grip unto your waist.
Just before you were about to melt into the kiss, you shoved him away.
"Mr. Uzumaki, I never came here for this. This needs to stop right here."
"I.. I'm very sorry but, I don't know how much longer I can keep my feelings for you a secret."
"Huh?"
"I like you, (Name)."
You inhaled sharply as you let his words sink in.
"Listen Naruto, I came here to work for your children's well-being, not for this." You sighed,
"I like you too, Naruto. But on my first day into this job, I promised your son that I would never date you. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."
"Please, no need to apologize. After all, I'm the one who forced myself on you, right?" He lightly chuckled with a smile that cried out guilt and hurt.
"Now, if you'll excuse me." You straightened yourself up and left.
He grabbed your wrist in such a way it felt like a simple touch, "Are you going to leave?"
"No, I can't leave. Not when your children need me." You turned to him with a reassuring smile before pulling your hand free and leaving him there alone with his thoughts.

🍥🍥🍥

Boruto had his ears plugged up, listening to whatever kids his age listen to when he walked into his room. To his surprise, he jumped.
"D- dad!" He dropped his phone, to his luck it fell onto the carpet. "What are you doing here?"
"Sit, we need to talk."
"Uh.. okay." He sat next to his father on the bed.
"So um.. is there a problem?" Boruto asked.
"Well, not a problem. But is is a bit of an issue.." Naruto replied.
"It's still a problem." Boruto sweatdropped.
"Okay then. Ever liked a girl before?"
"Well.. yeah, I am at that stage of my life so.." He shrugged.
"Then imagine this," Naruto placed his arm around his son's shoulders. "You see her pretty face every day, her smile, her rosy cheeks."
"That bod."
"Yes, son. The bod too." Naruto fist bumped his son.
"Then, one day you confessed to her, expecting her to say yes. But then, she tells you, that she made a promise to someone not to be with you. How'd you feel?"
"Like shit."
"Good."
"Wait, it's about (Name), isn't it?"
"You tell me. After all, she's the one who promised you."
"So.. you like her or she likes you?"
"I like her. She likes me too, but she promised you, remember?"
"Oh. But, I did that because I thought, if you dated her, you'd forget all about mom."
"I'd never do that. She's the first woman I'd ever loved. And it's hard taking care of two growing kids all on my own. You may not understand--"
"I do. More than you think. And I have a plan." Boruto cut his father off, then began to whisper something to Naruto.