Chapter 17

It was a nice day. The sky was bright blue with not a cloud to be seen. The farmers were farming and the birds singing happily. Everyone in Ninjago were as happy as could be. Everyone except for one boy. He sat in his room crying. The first thing he asked his Uncle when he got home was "Please tell me she's alright." His Uncle's face went grim and now the boy was in his room crying over his lost mother. He hardly knew her. Only for two years. And now she was gone.

"I'm sorry."

Those words. That voice. Lingered in his head. Almost like a stuck song but this was no cheery tune that he could hum to. Instead it was two words spoken with such sincerity that he almost believed her. Almost.

••*••

Abby knocked on the door of the office.

"Come in." Said a soft voice. She walked in an there sat a blond woman with a black dress and a hot pink head band. She looked up from her papers. "Ah Abby! How good to see you."

"Hey Headmistress Lalond." Abby said softly,

"Honestly dear, call me Rose." She smiled, "come have a seat." Abby walked over and sat on the seat in front of the desk. "What's wrong dear? You seem upset."

"Head- Rose... Would you hate me if I... Was ever good?" Abby asked, Rose looked at her taken back. Her expression the softened.

"Of course I wouldn't. Abby, I raised you after what happened to John.... Your like a daughter to me." She smiled lovingly, "no mater what I will always love you. A parent never stops loving their child." Something in Abby clicked when she said that. Abby almost broke down crying at that moment. She knew what she had to do. She hugged Rose and left.

••*••

Zane was cooking, Jay and Cole were playing video games as Kai and Lloyd watched. A knock forced Cole to pause the game and get the door. He opened the door to see Abby.

"What do you want?!" He hissed,

"I have no weapons!" She held up her hands. "I came to speak with Wu." She explained, just then Wu walked into the room.

"Thank you for getting the door Cole." He nodded and Cole left with one last glance at Abby. "Abby this way if you please." He said as he walked away and Abby followed. Then went to his meditating room. He sat down as she stayed standing. "You wished to speak with me?"

"I wish to make a deal with you." She started, "I will agree to quit my job as an assassin. I will not quit at the school because they are still the family that raised me. But, if you will find it in your self to do so-" she got on her hands and knees. "Forgive me and take me back as your daughter."