Chapter 8 - A Bad Person

Casie leaned against the tree, her eyes closed. She wasn't asleep. Just daydreaming, and thinking. She seemed to do a lot of thinking recently. She was snapped out of her daydream, by someone kicking the bottom of her boot.

She opened one eye, just to see If the person on the end of the boot, was worth her time.

Arthur Morgan looked down at her. "Ain't you got anything better to do?" he asked.

"Not really" she sighed.

Arthur crouched down on the grass.

"What's the matter Casie. You seem a bit...well miserable," he said

Casie sighed. "I ain't miserable...its just...well it doesn't matter."

Arthur sat down beside her and put an arm round her shoulder "Of course it matters, you know you can always talk to me, if you've got something on your mind?"

"I know Arthur, but it'll probably make you cross, but you might be able to help."

"Go on." He said, wondering what could possibly make him cross."

"I really miss Micah, I haven't seen him since you broke him out the jail in Strawberry." She sighed.

"Micah! Your miserable because you haven't seen Micah!" He shouted.

Casie ducked under Arthurs arm, that had been around her shoulder. "See, I told you that you'd be cross. He only won't come home because you made him think he's in trouble with Dutch!" She yelled, as she got up, and walked away.

Arthur yelled across at Casie. "That's probably because he is!"

Casie was annoyed, She couldn't understand why Arthur hated Micah so much. She'd spent a fair bit of time with Micah, when she first starting calling this place home. Sean was fun, and she liked going out with Arthur. But Micah was different.

As she stormed across the camp, she didn't look where she was going, and bumped into Sean.

"For fuck sake, look where you going!" She yelled at him.

Sean looked around. "What did it do?" He asked anyone, who was prepared to listen.

Arthur looked at Sean. "Guess you were in the wrong place, at the wrong time."

"What's wrong with her. "Sean huffed, "she's usually so happy."

"Apparently, she's missing Micah." Arthur replied, sarcastically.

"That oily turd!" Sean shook his head in disbelief.

"Exactly my thoughts." Arthur scoffed.

Dutch witnessed the whole scene and called Arthur over.

"Arthur, you better go and get him"

Arthur stared at him."You are joking, aren't you?"

"If she's that miserable, and its affecting the rest of the camp, then no, I'm not joking." He said, "and besides, I'm not even sure why he's staying away. He was an idiot in Strawberry, but we all make mistakes."

"I'll go see him tomorrow," Arthur grunted, "I'll let her know, maybe she'll cheer up a bit, if she knows he's coming home."

Dutch smiled, "thanks son, look upon it as a favour to your little sister."

Arthur went to find Casie. She was leaning against a tree near the horses, her arms folded, and a face like thunder.