Chapter 20 - St. Denis

Arthur walked out the house, and headed towards where the coffee was brewing. He poured himself a mug of coffee, and glanced across the camp. He saw Casie, standing by the edge of the river. It had been a couple of days, since they returned from Sean's grave. She hadn't really spoken to anyone, since then. Except, maybe Dutch.

He grabbed another mug of coffee, and walked towards her.

"Thought you might be able to use one of these." He said.

Casie spun round. "Thanks," she mumbled, as she took the mug of coffee.

She sipped the brew, and pulled a face, "this is shit!" She exclaimed, with a half smile.

Arthur smiled, "Yeah, it is. I'd make better coffee than this, and I ain't much good at it."

Arthur reached into his satchel. "I think you may have mislaid this," he handed her the knife, which Charles had made for her.

Casie took the knife "Thank you," she said as she put it in her belt. "I...I'm..."

Arthur shook his head "You don't need to say anything Casie," he whispered.

Casie quickly changed the subject. "Do you know when we're heading to St. Denis?"

Arthur shrugged, "we probably need Josiah, to tag along. But we need to do this quietly, so no Micah for sure.".

Casie frowned. "I know you and Micah, got along better when I was...shot and everything. What is it with you two, anyway."

"Yeah, what is it with you Cowpoke?" Micah said, as he walked up, behind them.

Casie and Arthur turned around.

"What do you want?" Arthur Sneered.

"That's enough, you two, why you can't just get along, I'll never know!" Casie yelled.

The two outlaws, shutup.

Casie grinned, the first time in days, "your supposed to be the adults, and i'm supposed to be the child!"

"Lets do something together then," Micah suggested, "lets go robbing."

"Seriously, you expect me to go robbing with you!" Arthur retorted.

"Oh come on Arthur, It'll be fun, and I sure as hell need some fun right now." Casie groaned.

Arthur glared at Micah, "Ok, but don't you do anything crazy!"

Micah winked at Casie, and grinned.

Micah, Arthur and Casie, rode out of Shady Belle, Micah taking the lead, and the other two following.

"So, are we going somewhere specific, or are you just gonna rob the first poor bastard we see?" Arthur asked, sarcastically.

Casie rolled her eyes, this was gonna be a laugh a minute with these two.

"No Cowpoke, your gonna like this one, quite a lot. Ya see, a little birdie told me, that some O'Driscolls were fixing to rob a stage. A payroll stage. So I figure let them do all the work, then we'll turn 'em over."

"Do we really need to be pissing Colm O'Driscoll off?" Arthur sighed.

"What's up Cowpoke, ya turnin' yella!" Micah sneered.

"Will you two, please just shut up, and lets get to where we need to be!" Casie groaned, in exasperation.

They eventually came to the abandoned town of Pleasance.

"My little birdie told me, they always regroup here after a job. To divide up the spoils. We just wait, and then Bam!" Micah grinned. "Lets leave the horses behind that old barn, out of sight," Micah suggested.