Chapter 28 - Payback

Josiah Trelawny, rode into Shady Belle. It had been about a week, since he had returned from Blackwater, with Casie.

Everyone in camp, had been in high spirits. Knowing that in the near future, they would finally all be free. Josiah, was still unsure, whether he would leave with the rest of the gang. Despite Casie's plea's, he still quite liked his life here.

He reached into his saddle bag, and pulled out the latest edition of the Saint Denis Times. He wasn't sure how Dutch, and the others would react to the headlines. He jumped off his horse, and headed towards the main house.

Dutch sat on the front porch, on a bench, reading. Josiah coughed, just so that Dutch knew he was there.

Dutch looked up from his book, and smiled.

"I've bought you news," the Englishman said, handing him the latest edition of the newspaper.

Dutch started reading, and threw the newspaper down in disgust. "How is this even possible?" he yelled angrily.

Arthur, who had been watching, from the main campfire walked across.

"What's going on? He asked, looking bemused.

Dutch picked up the newspaper, and handed it to Arthur.

Arthur looked at the headline. Pinkertons route O'Driscoll gang at Hanging dog ranch, Gang Leader escapes once again.

"This doesn't change anything, Dutch. We can still leave...can't we?" he asked.

Dutch glared at Arthur, "of course we can't. I can't leave here, not until I know that bastard is dead."

Arthur sighed. "What happened to revenge, being a fools game?"

"Don't question me on this, Arthur. Just don't!" Dutch said, angrily. He got up, and went into the house, slamming the door behind him.

Arthur sighed, and looked at Josiah. "What now? He won't listen to me!"

Josiah shook his head. "I'll see if I can find Casie, maybe she'll be able to talk to him." he said, as he grabbed the newspaper.

Josiah, had to walk right to the outskirts of the camp, to find Casie. She was with Micah, shooting bottles.

Josiah rolled his eyes. "Good to see that the pair of you are keeping busy." He said, sarcastically.

Micah turned around, and scowled. Casie, on the other hand, just laughed.

"We're just making sure we don't get rusty, as we're not actually allowed to go off and do any jobs." she sighed.

Josiah, handed Casie the newspaper. "Dutch wont leave, until he's dead. Myself and Arthur, thought perhaps you could talk him around."

Casie read the headline, and scowled. She then passed the newspaper, to Micah.

"Why would I talk him around?" She snapped, "I agree with him. What about you Micah, what do you think?"

Micah, read the headline, and sighed "I want him dead, just as much as you and Dutch, but..."

"But what?" Casie interrupted, "you saw what that bastard did to me, and to Arthur!" She growled.

Micah rolled his eyes, "I know, but with the O'Driscolls out of the frame, the Pinkertons will be on our trail, we're still wanted ya know. If we can get away, I say we should go."

Casie snatched the newspaper out of Micah's hand, "I never thought you'd be so Yella," she yelled, as she stormed off towards the house.

"I ain't Yella, just being realistic, how the hell do ya think we can even find him?" Micah yelled at Casie, throwing his arms in the air, in annoyance.