1/16/19

There's a small crew in the empty apartment where Pax and her friend Dilyn were practicing a few dance moves. There are three or four camera men, a sound person, and a few extra people to keep things running smooth. Pax is stretching and laughing as her and Dilyn talk.

"So, this mystery guy?" Dilyn questions, practicing his push up part so he was sure he had enough strength to stay up. Pax rolls her eyes at his question as she bends her left leg towards herself and leans forward.

"What mystery guy?"

"You know who I'm talking about." Pax looks up, resting her chin on her knee. It may not look like a comfortable position, one leg in front, one in the back, both bent, but it stretched the back out nicely.

"Who told you? Dara?" Dilyn nods and Pax sighs, switching her legs so the right is in the front.

"So, I know I can trust your feeling but still be careful. You never know." With a sigh, Pax sighs and unfolds her legs, stretching them out in front of her. "And I know we're not the closest of friends but I still hope you value my opinion."

"Yeah right!" A loud laugh escapes her. "You and I have only been in the same dance classes since we were eleven, so there's no way I value your opinion." Dilyn slams a hand on his chest with a face of feigned shock.

"Why, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were being sarcastic!"

"Noooo," Pax draws out, laughing a little.

"Alright everyone," the choreographer yells out, getting everyone's attention. "Let's get this started! I need my dancers in front of the cameras, cameras start recording, and music get ready to play." Everyone starts moving into position, Pax sitting on the floor on her knees and Dilyn standing on the other side of the room. The music starts, Unsteady by X Ambassadors.

Pax lets the music flow through her. The melody and sounds becoming the new controller of her body as memory takes over and she begins dancing with Dilyn. This is what she always did; let the music flow through her as she blocks out the lyrics and gives full control to the music. Her body flowing and naturally moving to the beat. Whether is was a slower song or rap, she could always just let her body take control and make her look flawless.

Both dancers go with the choreography, enough practice in that they the memory of the routine is triggered by the song. Pax holds onto Dilyn when he lifts her up then spins out. The closeness doesn't bother either person and they keep dancing.

The music comes to a close and Pax sits in front of Dilyn, both slightly out of breath but fighting smiles to get the full effect of the dance and song. When the song fully ends, everyone claps and Pax and Dilyn finally smile. Dilyn helps Pax stand and they both bow, smiling widely.

"That was great, but let's run it through a few more times. I want to make sure we get the best we can." Everyone nods at the choreographer and starts to set everything up again. Pax and Dilyn get back in position and wait for the music to start.

Once again, she dances, glad to have something that could let her mind wander and forget all her troubles.