1/30/19

The students had been working on their projects for about two and a half weeks. In two and a half weeks, a lot of them got some good pictures. They weren't the best photographers but their pictures were better than someone would expect of a high school student.

After each photoshoot, the students would normally go their separate ways and communicate over text. This wasn't the case with Dustin and Pax. They would go to a small café and look over the photos. Pax would get embarrassed when someone would pass by and compliment her from the picture. Dustin would laugh and Pax would be even more embarrassed.

Today, they were meeting at Pax's house to pick the final photos and just hang out. They've started to actually become friends and Pax liked it. Dustin had gotten to know Pax better and had developed more feelings than he originally had. Pax had been messaging hell.raiser almost everyday as well, trying to get more hints from him as to who he really was.

While that was happening, she also started to become more wary of what she said. After a little over a month of talking to him, she was sure he was a real person in her school, but she wasn't sure who he was. This caused a little bit of disbelief to build, and it's been about a week since they talked.

The doorbell rings, Pax sitting on her couch with her messages open, mouse hovering over the send button. She almost drops her laptop when the bell rings and quickly puts it on the coffee table. When she opens the door, she expects Dustin but is faced with her three best friends.

"Hey," Dara says, pushing past her and into the house. "We were all board and wanted to hang out here." Pax starts panicking, not sure if she wants her friends to be home with her when Dustin comes.

"Can we hang out later? Someone's supposed to be coming over soon and I don't want to scare them off." Her friends stare at her with dropped jaws before smirking. They share a look before looking Pax up and down. Her face pales and blood turns cold when she realizes what they thinks happening. "I swear on my life that it's not like that. We're working on the project I've been telling you about and nothing else."

"Suuuuure," Jessie draws out, rolling her eyes with a smirk. "Just a 'project'."

"Definitely just a project, Jess. Innocent little Pax couldn't talk to a boy, let alone invite one over to do anything." This angers Pax a little, her glare zoning in on Marco.

"I am not completely innocent. Maybe I haven't done certain things but I know other things. Also, I do talk to boys. Although I'm not sure you even count as one." The anger soon fades away and Pax is left standing with her arms crossed and courage stuffed back into the deeper part of her mind.

"Damn right I'm not a boy. I'm a man!" he boasts, pounding a fist on his chest but immediately wincing after. The girls chuckle and Pax begins feeling a little better, a smile staying on her face. That smile soon fades when the doorbell rings and Pax knows who it is. Her friends smirk and start shoving each other around as they fight to be the first to the door.

Marco wins.