1: Shadowed Alley

The street lights flickered in the darkness, making the shaded streets all the more difficult to navigate. It was difficult when one's light source faded in and out of existence, but the whipping wind roaring by made it all so much worse.

A girl walking alone on the street tilted her head forward as a gust pushed by. It blew her (h/c) hair up into her face, and she winced, eyes beginning to water from the chilled wind.

The rising storm had been unpredictable and sudden, unfair to those who had been out on the streets before hand. But this city was never fair... Never was, never will be.

She had been working before the storm hit, and now she regretted not taking the day off like she originally planned too. She checked her phone for the time, realizing it wasn't just the storm clouds making the world around her so dark. The sun must have set at least half an hour ago.

She quickly glanced around the darkness, finding she really was alone on the streets. Everyone else had either stayed inside or gone to find shelter.

Well, almost everyone.

She took in a deep breath, calming her anxiety that for some reason had started to peek. She knew that when she sensed something was wrong, she was almost always right.

She was being watched, problem was she couldn't pinpoint where the stare was coming from. Every alley she passed was making her tense, that turned out to be an issue since her observer wasn't hiding in any darkened alley...

A growl sounded from above her, and she froze in place. She slowly looked up towards the building beside her, her breath hitching in her throat as she did so.

A creature sat crouched against the wall, sticking to it with what appeared to be no reason at all. White rorschach eyes stared seemingly right through her, while red black tipped talons tapped against the stone walls of the building they were on. The tendrils flinging off the creature whipped around mindlessly.

"Oh no," She whispered, right before the red and black monster let out a screech that was mostly carried away by the rush of wind. The monster threw itself off the wall and towards the place she was standing. The claws outstretched and seemed to grow, and a maw of razor sharp black fangs had opened wide. She knew its aim was to kill.

This monstrosity had been an the news many times before, and she had always been interested in the alien that had bonded so tightly with its host. But she certainly never wanted to see it up close. One hundred percent not this close. She believed the alien went by the name "Carnage" but she had a list of other names to call the devil.

Moving quickly the girl stumbled back and ran. She was watching over her shoulder as the monster landed where she had been a moment ago, back legs skidding against the sidewalk fast enough to cause sparks to shoot up randomly.

As she turned to focus on running, she heard a laugh echo behind her. "Oh yes! I love it when they run! You gonna scream for me too, pretty thing?!" A voice sounded, raspy and joyous. (Y/n) on the other hand was far from having a good time.

She turned a random corner quickly, hoping to lose them in a series of random twists and turns. It wasn't working out for her, since they were still hot on her trail. They somehow managed to jump from one wall of a building to another. Never wavering in speed as they chased her down.

(Y/n) looked around wildly, wanting anything to use against Carnage closing in on her. Her (e/c) eyes caught a few wooden planks laying across the ground, probably blown over by the storm. While still running, she scooped one up. Before the creature could even process she had done so, (Y/n) chucked it at them as hard as she could.