21: Rescuer

(Y/n) learned over time from just watching Carnage that they were sensitive to certain kinds of sounds. Even just the tapping of a spoon against a mug whenever she stirred her coffee in the mornings seemed to unsettle them.

So when the speakers burst into life, she wasn't surprised to find they started shaking. Their tendrils smacked down against the ground violently and they let out a shriek of pain. The grip they held her in bagan to loosen as violent spasms ran through their body.

"Carnage..." She wasn't able to speak very loud, so when she called their name she had no idea if they actually heard her or not. She gently grabbed onto them instead, hoping to provide some comfort in whatever strange pain they were going through.

She felt their talons tighten around her and to her surprise, they pushed themself to their feet. They still had her against their chest as they began to slowly trudge towards the door.

"They... They are making the same mistake so many other have made," They chuckled under their breath. The crooked smile on their face grew as they stepped out of the room. "I'm not like every other symbiote, certainly not like my father. Sound does hurt, but it won't keep me down," They explained. "Especially not when I have someone I need to protect."

She couldn't speak, so she just held on tighter to the symbiote who seemed to be able to do anything if it meant saving her life. They softly purred in response. Even over all the pain, they could still find a way to purr for her.

"C-Carny... It's all Loki's doing... All of this," She whispered to them. They hummed in response, smile turning into a look of disgust.

"Figured as much. This has his filthy fingerprints all over it," They said, heading down the hall they had already mowed down in a fury of lashing claws, snapping teeth, and whipping tendrils. The further they got from the sound, the faster they were able to run.

However upon getting to the entrance they were forced to skid to a sudden stop. In front of them, in their way to freedom, was Loki, Levi, and Daydream. They growled with hatred as they watched the group stand before them.

"Alright Carnage, I'll admit, I thought those sirens would hold you longer," Loki spoke first, a small smile spread teasingly across his face. "But it's really no problem when its three against one."

"Three against one? You aren't even going to play fair?" Carnage asked, gently placing (Y/n) down on the ground then stepping in front of her to form a barrier. "That's fine by me, I can't wait to tear your throats out and watch you die!" They laughed insanely.

Loki narrowed his eyes at that. "Still so cocky..." He muttered, grabbing a weapon off his belt. Carnage recognized it as a pistol very similar to the one Levi had shot them with.

"Do your best, Loki," They snarled. "I ain't leaving (Y/n) no matter the cost!" They extended many thick tendrils out of their body, coiling them all around themself.

"Good. That was the plan," Loki scoffed, firing the first shot. Carnage lashed the first tendril towards the line of fire, ignoring the pain that blazed through them as the weapon destroyed most of the tendril.

They moved past onward, the other two by Loki's side grabbing pistols as well. With all three of them firing, it became nearly impossible for Carnage to push forward and block the blasts from hitting their body. So they moved slowly, focusing on saving themself before slaughtering Loki and his other guards.

Loki threw the pistol aside, grabbing a dagger instead. Carnage raised their claws up high, ready to tear him apart. That's when the knife plunged forward into their shoulder, becoming stuck in the thick hide of tendrils.