17: You over everything

Blood covered Carnages claws and fangs, dripping down in a small splatter as they attempted to flick it off themself. They looked back at the body of the woman they had just gutted with their bare hands and teeth. "Poor thing. Thinking she could manipulate and control me. I really had missed you Shriek," They said with a sigh, turning their head away. "But clearly you forgot I kill anyone who threatens me, and (Y/n) is a part of me now, so you had to be eliminated."

They licked their fangs a couple times, finding the taste of her blood to be fairly sweet in their mouth. They hummed at the taste, feeling it has been far too long since they had last tasted the scarlet blood of humans. They dug their talons into the ground to stop themself from turning back to the body and devouring it. That would not have been something (Y/n) would be pleased about. Well really none of this was.

Instead Carnage jumped from the building, catching their webs on a towering skyscraper and swinging away from the scene. As they tasted the remains of Shrieks blood, they admitted to themself that her offer had been oh so tempting, and it wasn't until her lips were on their fangs and her hands were all over their body were they able to snap out of their lust and tear her off for the sake of protecting (Y/n)s heart.

Shriek may have had some value in the past, but now she meant nothing to them. They loved no one but (Y/n) and they were determined to prove their loyalty even at the cost of their own pleasure or happiness. In this case it had been the pleasure they missed out on, but there was no doubt in their mind that (Y/n) is far better than anything Shriek could have offered them.

They shot out another strand of web, turning to head down a path that did not lead back home, but towards (Y/n)s work. They might as well wait for her to finish up her job then keep a close eye on her while she walked home. The thought of (Y/n) working with criminals daily still made them anxious, since in their mind she was very much delicate. If anyone were to try, she could be killed within a couple minutes.

They waited patiently, and the second she left the building they perked up and followed from where they were high up against the wall. Whenever someone so much as glanced at her a second to long Carnage growled and prepared themselves to dive down and slaughter them if they proved to be an actual threat to their beloved.

When she was closer to home and there were fewer people who might catch sight of them, they dropped down into an alleyway a little ways ahead of her. Red formed the black sweater and jeans around Cletus before waiting for (Y/n) to pass. When she did he spoke. "Hey, beautiful~"

She let out a small started sound and quickly turned towards him. She calmed once she recognized him, letting out a small sigh. "You scared me," She admitted, Cletus joining her on the cracking sidewalk.

"I know, it was a cute sound," He replied, taking her hand into his own right away. She accepted the action, holding onto his hand in turn and walking down the street with him at her side.

"What were you doing out in an alleyway? Visiting your crack den?" She asked, nudging him playfully. He chuckled at her question, watching her with a small smirk.

"No, I just went out for some fresh air and decided to wait for you," He answered, stopping outside the entrance of their apartment. "Want a ride up, dove?" He asked, a couple tendrils snaking out to wrap around his arms.

She gave him a small nod and he pulled her close and into the alleyway. He jumped up the side of the building, transforming into Carnage by the time they touched the wall. They quickly climbed higher and pushed through the window, placing her down softly while still perched on the windowsill.

As her feet touched the ground she turned and placed a kiss to their fangs, the tendrils sprouting from their back suddenly swirling and coiling inward. Instantly wooed, they purred lovingly. She giggled at their reaction, but her smile disappeared as she licked her lips.