20: Here for you

(Y/n) wasn't sure how long she had been in that room when the door finally opened again. Maybe a day or so? It didn't matter that much to her at the moment.

She grunted as light poured into the dark room, causing her to screw her eyes shut. They managed to adjust by the time Loki stopped in front of her. He eyed her for a long moment before speaking.

“Well, (Y/n). Sorry to be so violent with this, but some damage has to be done. It's not exactly personal, but it does have to deal with that pesky lover of yours though,” Loki told her, confirming her suspicions that this was one of Carnages  problems she's gotten dragged into.

“Just having me here will anger them enough,” She pointed out, staring down at the ground. “Honestly, this whole thing is your funeral,” She quickly added.

“Uh-huh. Whatever. Would it make you feel any better to know you can have some food and water after this?” He asked, looking unamused. He knew she must have been starving and dying for a drink at this point.

“Not really,” She answered, still unsure of what exactly he had planned on doing to her. She was fairly certain it came with a lot of pain however, due to yesterday's threats. He didn't seem like someone to disappoint when it came to that kind of stuff.

“Maybe we won't feed you then, that sure would upset your master,” Loki chuckled, giving her a nudge with his foot in an attempt to receive a reaction from her. She wasn't paying attention to his small kick but his words.

“My what? Damn it, Carnage isn't my master either! How hard is it to figure out?! They're my lover! Want me to spell it out for you?” She asked, voice laced with hate and annoyance. He glared at her for the snappy talking back.

“That's not possible. You don't even realize it but there's absolutely no way he's not being selfish or completely using you- Hold on,” Loki paused, something in his mind seeming to click into place. He quickly twisted his body and pointed both fingers at the other man in the doorway. She recognized them as Levi.

“Phenethylamine,” Loki suddenly said, ending in a dark chuckle. Levi looked just as confused as (Y/n), narrowing his one good eye to give the appearance of someone raising a brow.

“It's the chemicals found inside human brains, which is why symbiotes are so addicted to eating them. They need it to survive,” He quickly explained upon seeing Levis confusion. It didn't seem to help him understand anymore.

“What does that have to do with anything?” She questioned in return.

“It's also part of the chemical formula for love,” He explained, smirking at her. “There's the ‘selfish and using you’ part. You're just kept around so the symbiote could feed on the chemicals it produces inside Cletus.”

“No, I… I mean more to them than just some tool,” She whispered, trying to process what it was he was telling her. “He loves me for more reasons than because he has too,” She added, Loki scoffing.

“Clearly not,” He corrected before signalling to Levi with a sway of his hand, which made the man step closer instantly. “Anyway. We have work to do. Don't kill her Levi, just leave her with wounds that Carnage will be able to see clearly. Once the monster is in the room it will be easy trapping them,” Loki told him before heading for the door.

“What? Wait!-” She wasn't able to finish before Levi transformed into the large lynx infront of her. Her eyes widened and she stared at the large claws for a couple seconds before screwing her eyes shut.

She heard the clicking of the claws against the floor and loud predatory growls. Then she felt a searing hot pain across her side. She screamed.

******