16: Shrieking lust

(Y/n) brushed out her tangled (h/c) hair, ignoring the small spikes of pain caused by pulling on the tangled mess. She must have really messed her hair up last night… Had she really been moving and squirming that much?

She flinched slightly as hands came out of nowhere and were placed on her hips. She instantly relaxed as she realized it was Cletus behind her, gently holding onto her. He placed his head down on her shoulder, letting out a small relaxed puff of air.

“Morning, Cletus,” She whispered, receiving a couple soft kisses along her neck in response. Upon tilting her head up to give him better access the red marks on her jawline left by Carnage became more visible. He examined them before speaking.

“How's your wound?” Cletus asked, referring to the rough bite he had overlapped her previous collar bone scar with. She looked at it in the mirror for a long moment. “I apologize for that, it was the heat of the moment. I didn't think it through” He told her before rolling his tongue over his canines, as if he could still taste her blood that they had drawn out from her.

“It's alright. It doesn't sting that much anymore. And to be honest, the pain felt good mixed with the pleasure,” She replied before placing her hairbrush down. She giggled softly and he hummed in question. “Last night you called me your mate. That's an interesting term you don't hear often. Was that also in the heat of the moment?” She asked, Cletus blushing slightly at the fact that was one of the things she recalled him saying.

“Hey, that was the symbiote half talking,” He quickly explained, letting go of her and turning his head away in embarrassment. “At least you are considered with such value to my other,” He added softly.

“Oh? Let me guess, they mate for life?” She asked with a soft smile. Cletus chuckled at the suggestion.

“Not typically, but try to still take it as a compliment,” He replied, scraping his nails at his shoulder until the small head of Red pushed out of his skin and into his hand. “If I wanna have you with me forever, I'm sure for life will work well for everyone.”

(Y/n) smiled and turned to scratch at the symbiotes head. She purred for a long moment before nipping at (Y/n)s hand in the form of a love bite. “Ow…” She muttered, a thin line of blood escaping from the new sliver sized cut now running along one of her fingers.

“Red!” Cletus snapped, pulling her head back. The symbiote let out a small complaint at his action before glaring up at her host. “Don't bite her! She's got enough marks as it is! You are such a brat!” He complained, (Y/n) just smiling at the two.

“Thank you for your protection, Cletus. But I doubt she's actually trying to hurt me. She just needs to work on how to show love,” She told him, watching the symbiote curl around his shoulder. “I have to head off to work now. I'll be back by the usual time,” She said, slipping on her jacket. Cletus nodded then leaned in closer to give her a quick kiss. When she pulled away he tugged her back in for another, and she accepted with only a small complaint. “Babe, I gotta go,” She giggled, slipping free from his grasp.

“Alright, fine! Be careful, (Y/n),” He told her, watching her every movement. He still worries over her constantly. “If anything happens-”

“Just scream. I know,” She finished for him, walking out the door. “I'll be alright. Goodbye,” She added before closing the door behind her. Cletus sighed as he was left alone.

******

“How did she ward off your spell? You said the nightmares would stick, so why didn't they?!” Loki questioned Daydream, who shrugged innocently. Loki sighed and Levi exchanged looks with the other girl beside him. “Pointless… So pointless! How can she be chased away if she doesn't fear him?!”