27: A small agreement

"Is it true?" (F/n) asked, Loki meeting her gaze calmly. A small smile spread across his face, though his lover looked nothing more than concerned. "Did you really kidnap (Y/n)? Or even hurt her?" She asked once more, voice broken.

They were both home now, having gone back the second Carnage left with (Y/n).

"I didn't lay a finger on her," Loki answered. His words were true, yet void of the whole story. He hadn't been the one to take her away from Carnage, merely the one to create a plan. Levi did all the dirty work. Apparently (F/n) wasn't blind to this.

"Did you have a play in it? Were you the one puppeting this whole situation?" She tried again, putting her trust into her friends words. She knew Loki was able to twist truths. It truly was no use lying to her, and he knew it.

"Yes. That I did. I ordered her to be taken. It was nothing personal against her, nor was I aware she was your friend," He explained, voice level even when (F/n) started to speak over him.

"Why would you do that? What reason could you possibly have for hurting her?" Her voice was laced with disbelief and a bitterness that Loki could sense.

"It wasn't her I wanted, but the monster that follows her like a shadow. I needed to lure Carnage back to me in order for us to kill them. In all honesty I did this for you," He told her, which didn't go over well with his lover.

"What?! I want no part in this!" She argued, alarmed he would pin such things on her. He knew she didn't understand it yet. Things were going to be complicated.

"You were a part of this the second I fell in love with you," He instantly replied, narrowing his eyes at the thoughts that ran through his head. "Carnage killed the last person I loved. They had laughed and warned me they would gladly do it again. So they need to die before they have the chance to take you."

"Maybe they won't do it if (Y/n) tells them to back off," She quickly suggested, hope sparking in her gaze. That light was something he had been drawn to, and he couldn't bare to see it extinguished.

"You expect to much. Carnage doesn't follow orders. Not from her, or any human for that matter. It's best to eliminate them completely," He countered her suggestion fast, but she already had another response ready.

"But clearly they love her! And (Y/n) made it pretty clear that she loves them back. Maybe they will listen to her. Maybe if you left them alone, you would know if they would try to kill me or not," She said, moving much closer to him than before.

"If they try, they have a very high success rate. That's too risky," He pointed out.

"It's my life I'm risking, isn't it?" She snapped right back. Loki paused as he watched her before simply nodding.

"You're correct," He whispered, looking her up and down quickly. He leaned forward for a kiss and she didn't object. When he broke the kiss, he spoke again. "Maybe message your friend later."

"Later," She repeated, going for another kiss.

******

"Later!" (Y/n) complained, though it was between giggles. Cletus had her caught in his grasp, placing playful kisses to her neck. With her already giggling, the actions felt more like he were trying to tickle her.

She had been trying to cook some actually decent food, but the task was impossible once Cletus interrupted her with affectionate teasing. If she didn't get back on track the food could burn, though he didn't appear to be caring too much about that.

"Sorry, dove. You just look so irresistible," He purred into her ear before finally letting her go. He stood by her side, a hand remaining on the small of her back. "Though dinner also looks just as delicious," He added.