14: Trust is fragile

(Y/n) giggled while she watched Cletus and Red on the opposite side of the couch have an argument over food. It seemed both loved the taste of the dinner she had made, which resulted in a terf war of the contents on their plate. Red was greedy, but Cletus was equally so.

The dinner for the two of them consisted of two hotdogs and fries. But god forbid they each have a hotdog and split the fries… No. Someone had to have more than the other. Which granted was a pointless fight considering it fed the same person. Cletus was constantly swatting Reds head away as he devoured his fries.

“You two are insane,” She said, watching as Cletus paused to smile towards her.

“You got that right, dove,” He chuckled, leaving his plate unguarded for a second. Red took that second to drag a fry off his plate and swallow it down like a pelican would a fish. “Red!” Cletus snapped in response. “(Y/n) can you believe I have to deal with this everyday?” He asked, causing her to just smile as she watched. She ate one of her own fries before turning back to the movie they were watching.

It was her favorite movie Cletus had agreed to watch with her. In return they watch his favorite after. Which of course just had to be Alien. She guessed the guy loved the monster xenomorph thing and the gore…

“Cletus, I'm not a fan of the crazy gore that's in those movies by the way,” She warned, Cletus placing his now empty plate of food on the coffee table. “Unlike you, I'm not immune to it.”

“I suppose that's fair. I mean I've torn out and eaten people's spines before. A couple hearts, quite a few eyes, fingers are like fries-” He paused as she put her plate down. “Uh… sorry…”

“That will make my nightmares about Carnage all the more visual,” She muttered. She noticed his eyes narrow.

“Your nightmares are about me?” His voice came out sounding almost hurt, as if she had personally jabbed at him with the comment. “I thought you trusted me? You said you loved me, but you don't trust me?”

“What? No! Cletus I trust you,” She replied, putting her plate down and shifting her position to face him. “I trust you, It's more the full form I… Um. Well I trust Carnage,” She tried to assure him, but he gave a look that appeared to be that of annoyance.

“(Y/n), I am Carnage, and if you trust me, you wouldn't be having nightmares about me,” He replied, voice laced with his displeasure. “What am I even doing to you in these dreams? Hitting you? Scratching you? Biting you?” As he spoke she looked away, giving away the answer. “So all of the above? What other wicked deeds do you see me do? Do I ever kill you, or violate you-”

“No! Stop, Cletus. Don't put the idea of it in my head!” She told him, watching as he turned his head away with a scoff.

“If you love me, you should trust me. Or was that a lie?” He questioned.

“Would you stop blowing things out of proportion? It was one nightmare! I do love you,” She told him, moving slightly closer to him. “I just had a bad dream. Everyone has bad dreams. I know you wouldn't do any of that stuff to me. Right?”

“I wouldn't dream of it. So neither should you,” He muttered, which just made her sigh. He eyed her for a long moment. “But seriously, I wouldn't dare do anything like that to you. I cherish you, and I dont think Im able to do anything to harm you.”

“I know,” She told him in a soft voice. “You constantly prove that to me,” She placed a gentle kiss to his cheek and she found his arm pulling her in close, she didn't object and moved onto his lap. “I'm thankful for how well you take care of me.”